Thread: Ubuntu server + KVM. Guest os can reach wan but host machine cannot

Beans

Question Ubuntu server + KVM. Guest os can reach wan but host machine cannot

Hi there. I have a strange problem here. I've set up ubuntu server 10.04 x64 with kvm and bridged networking and installed win server 2008 as a guest os. The guest os has full access to the network including lan/wan but the host os can only reach my lan and not the wan. This is true even when the guest machine is powered off?

I have to admit that my knowledge of networking, particularly with respect to linux is very flakey but surely if the guest has internet access this should also apply to the host? My only suggestion is an issue with mac addresses but i don't know where to start. Has anybody ran into this problem before?

Thanks

Beans

Unhappy Re: Ubuntu server + KVM. Guest os can reach wan but host machine cannot

i encounter the same question
    who can offer help
    thanks in advance

Beans

Re: Ubuntu server + KVM. Guest os can reach wan but host machine cannot

Quote Originally Posted by fistikuffs View Post
    Hi there. I have a strange problem here. I've set up ubuntu server 10.04 x64 with kvm and bridged networking and installed win server 2008 as a guest os. The guest os has full access to the network including lan/wan but the host os can only reach my lan and not the wan. This is true even when the guest machine is powered off?

I have to admit that my knowledge of networking, particularly with respect to linux is very flakey but surely if the guest has internet access this should also apply to the host? My only suggestion is an issue with mac addresses but i don't know where to start. Has anybody ran into this problem before?

Thanks

Have you solved the problem/ i have the same problem / i do not know how to do/
    thanks in advance

Beans

Re: Ubuntu server + KVM. Guest os can reach wan but host machine cannot

Quote Originally Posted by fistikuffs View Post

Thanks

Have you solved the problem/ i have the same problem / i do not know how to do/
    thanks in advance