Thread: How do you make the noapic option is selected when ubuntu starts after an install

Beans

Question How do you make the noapic option is selected when ubuntu starts after an install

To make Ubuntu work on my computer I need to select the noapic option

NOW

How do I make certain that the noapic option is selected always when ubuntu starts after ubuntu has been installed?

I would like to install Ubuntu 10.10 on my computer togheter with windows 7

Beans

Re: How do you make the noapic option is selected when ubuntu starts after an instal

How do i get my installed version of ubuntu 10.10 64 bit version to start with the noapic option

Beans

Smile Re: How do you make the noapic option is selected when ubuntu starts after an instal

I found it

When the computer starts you use the arrow keys to select ubuntu then you press E and use the arrow keys again to go behind the words quiet splash and press space bar and then type in noapic and then press ctrlx

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: How do you make the noapic option is selected when ubuntu starts after an instal

Quote Originally Posted by MaxTesla View Post
    I found it

When the computer starts you use the arrow keys to select ubuntu then you press E and use the arrow keys again to go behind the words quiet splash and press space bar and then type in noapic and then press ctrlx
    Why not edit /etc/default/grub and put the option in there.When you then update-grub,it will always be there.

Read Grub2 Basics

Please do not bump your thread after 1 hour.

Good Luck
    Hypertension = Take with a pinch of salt
    | Psychocats | Ubuntu Documentation | Howto [Solved] | BBcode list | Brother Website |

Beans

The problem was that I couldnt get Ubuntu to start at all, so first I needed to get it to start

When inside ubuntu I was later able to via the terminal update the grub so that it always start with the noapic