Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Howto] Asus T91MT and Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick)

Beans

Re: [Howto] Asus T91MT and Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick)

Quote Originally Posted by rentabuddha View Post
    So... I've gotten the screen to rotate. You are right, that file just wasn't there the first time so I created it manually but now the script updates it and works fine. HOWEVER...

My button still doesn't work. Basically, I know something (kernel?) is capturing or recognizing the key press, because in dmesg and the system log I get this error message:

eeepc_wmi: Unknown key e4 pressed
    eeepc_wmi: Unknown key e5 pressed

I assume this is the press and release of that silver little rotate button. It seems that X does not capture or realize that a button was pushed at all...

I'm an linux noob if you haven't guessed it already haha but I'm trying. I'm not sure I want to try removing getXConsole just yet because its not the same error... but, someone should know better than me lol, any ideas?
    Did you run update-grub and reboot after you added acpi_osi=Linux to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT in /etc/defaul/grub? Again, this may cause your wireless to stop working (it did for me too), and you can undo it by removing the acpi_osi=Linux and running update-grub again.

Beans

Hello all,

the errors in the /usr/share/acpi-support/power-funcs is on line 9 character 41, the ')' should not be here. Erase it and save the file.

Reload the power-funcs with . /usr/share/acpi-support/power-funcs and test getXconsole and getXuser, it should work.

After that, the script worked for me with the xhost local: tips.

but it work to by replacing all the loop

for x in /tmp/.X11-unix/*; do
    displaynum=`echo $x | sed s#/tmp/.X11-unix/X##`
    getXconsole;
    if [ x"$XAUTHORITY" != x"" ]; then
    export DISPLAY=":$displaynum"
    /usr/bin/xrandr -o $NEW_ROTATION && echo $NEW_ROTATION > /var/lib/ac
    pi-support/screen-rotation
    fi

by
    /usr/bin/xrandr -o $NEW_ROTATION
    echo $NEW_ROTATION > /var/lib/acpi-support/screen-rotation

without the xhost tips.

dmesg gives me the eeepc_wmi: Unknown key e4 pressed
    eeepc_wmi: Unknown key e5 pressed messages but works well

hope this helps

Yann

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by milanp View Post
    Can you play divx videos on 10.10 without any problems?
    Yes without any configuration, divx can't play. It is due to poulsbo drivers see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupp...oCardsPoulsbo/.

But a workaround for 9.10 exists and still works : from http://wiki.eeeuser.com/ubuntu_9.10_..._wiki_way_9.10

If you do want to use the vaapi driver with mplayer:
    sudo apt-get install mplayer gnome-mplayer Edit /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf (or ~/.mplayer/config) and add:
    vo=vaapi Compiz works ok for normal usage however runs into problems in rotation mode, massive lag on things like rotate cube and the right side of the screen glitches.
    Edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf and add the following line to the device section:
    Option "AccelMethod" "EXA"

Yann

Beans

Hey again,

So I re-installed because messing with the rotate button I screwed some other things up. Everything's working golden now except the rotate button; still can't get that to work.

HOWEVER, without adding or changing anything (no editing grub) my wireless stopped working. I found out that for some reason, my wireless is getting blocked at boot! What????!!!!

So I run:
    rfkill unblock 0 && rfkill unblock 3
    to unblock the loopback and wlan, which fixes the problem. So, I wrote a start up script to run these commands, which works except it never auto-connects. So my question then is, is there some way in the script I can make WICD (I'm not using network-manager) check for auto-connect? Or, better yet, what could possibly be wrong with my computer that's making it block the wireless (both hard and soft blocks) at boot?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Its not high priority but its very annoying having to manually connect to the internet haha

Beans

Hi all,

on my t91mt there are no files in /var/lib/acpi-support. Therefor my screen rotation won't work.

Am I missing any packages?

Thabks in advance if anyone has a suggestion.

Cheers
    Lutz

Beans

@Lutz

I think I had the same problem while I was playing around with the rotation stuff. If its not there you have to create it. It should work with just some initial variables. Once you've run it once successfully though it'll be good to go. Sorry I can't be more specific but I was never able to get it to work haha

Beans

Hey again,

So I re-installed because messing with the rotate button I screwed some other things up. Everything's working golden now except the rotate button; still can't get that to work.

HOWEVER, without adding or changing anything (no editing grub) my wireless stopped working. I found out that for some reason, my wireless is getting blocked at boot! What????!!!!

So I run:
    rfkill unblock 0 && rfkill unblock 3
    to unblock the loopback and wlan, which fixes the problem. So, I wrote a start up script to run these commands, which works except it never auto-connects. So my question then is, is there some way in the script I can make WICD (I'm not using network-manager) check for auto-connect? Or, better yet, what could possibly be wrong with my computer that's making it block the wireless (both hard and soft blocks) at boot?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Its not high priority but its very annoying having to manually connect to the internet haha
    Same here, except that I never messed with rotate or grub settings. However, I'm trying it out with wubi for now. Maybe it will be fixed when I perform a real install.

Beans

Hello, nice guide, got video and flash working like a charm, and getting now onto the touch thing. But somehow I keep getting a very noticeable buzzing sound in the background when using any ubuntu (fresh install) on the T91MT that can only be shut down if i shut down the volume. Also, playing with alsamixer did not help (except muting). I've searched around but could not find anyone with the same problem. So, any tip, please, anyone?

Tried ubuntu desktop: 9.04,9.10,10.04,10.10 (current)
    Appears on fresh install / live usb
    The noise has always the same intensity, and can only be turned off by muting the sound. (Tried all the sound options in Sound Preferences and all the intensity bars in alsamixer)
    Dual booting with win7 this time. Sound still works perfect in win. Tried to fiddle with sound options/devices in win7. No differences.
    After touching something in Sound preferences I seem to have lost sound on speakers, but I still have it in the jack plug.

Seriously, am I the only one with this problem? It seems unfair >.< .
    Last edited by nopacman; November 10th, 2010 at 02:17 AM.

Beans

Have the same problem after installation of graphic driver.

Beans

I got some problems on my ubuntu 10.04 netbook edition with T91MT:

1. The screen brightless (Fn + F3/F4) is not work

2. The touch screen is only single touch supported after I install the multitouch pack.

3. When I play mp3 or wan file. The player crash and give an error message: failed to create output image buffer of 409x240 pixels.

4. Is there a screen keyboard in ubuntu?

Could someone help me out?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast