Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Free Web Hosting?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Best Free Web Hosting?

In that case, does your ISP give you any free web space? They often do, and if your username is, say, grantstoner, you end up with a website URL of something like:

http://www.yourisp.com/grantstoner
    or
    http://users.yourisp.com/grantstoner

or something similar to that.

Is that do-able?
    "Strive to be the person your dog thinks you are"

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Use this: http://www.110mb.com/

Its only 110mb(100gb bandwidth) but it does offer the sub domains upon registering free
    Desktop Build mobo: MSI 790FX-GD70 | cpu: Phenom ii x4 965BE C3 @ 4.02Ghz | gfx: Sapphire + XFX 5770 CrossfireX + EVGA 9800GTX+
    ram: 8gb DDR3-1333Mhz | hd: 1TB (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) + 500gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.7) + 400gb (Kubuntu 11.04 x64)

Beans

Yeah good call, check your ISP package. I know mine offers free web hosting. I actually forgot it did untill HereInOz mentioned it, haha.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

If you want to leave your computer on 24/7 dyndns is a great service. You get a yoursite.dyndns.org url and as long as your server is running you'll have web access.

To use ddclinet to send dyndns your ip address.
    You will also need to install a lamp server on your system (but is sounds like you have one).

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by Zero++ View Post
    If you want to leave your computer on 24/7 dyndns is a great service. You get a yoursite.dyndns.org url and as long as your server is running you'll have web access.

To use ddclinet to send dyndns your ip address.
    You will also need to install a lamp server on your system (but is sounds like you have one).
    I can't leave my computer running 24/7. I take it with me everywhere I go, including school. I use it during most of my classes. And I don't think I do have a lamp server, since I don't even know that is. ^_^

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

However, the cost to run a computer 24/7, if you are not already, will be significant. It would certainly remove FREE from the equation.

Unless, of course, you could set up an exercise bike with a generator on it, and persuade some members of the family to go out and pedal. That would restore the FREE aspect, and be good for the health as well.
    "Strive to be the person your dog thinks you are"

Beans
    Distro

Again, I have no intention of running my laptop 24/7. Plus, I'm pretty sure my mom (whom I live with, and who pays for everything) would pay the electric bill. So it'd still be free to me.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by GrantStoner View Post
    Again, I have no intention of running my laptop 24/7. Plus, I'm pretty sure my mom (whom I live with, and who pays for everything) would pay the electric bill. So it'd still be free to me.
    I just gave you a website (post #12) that has 110mb data free with 100GB of monthly bandwidth, and when registering the free account it gives right there sub domain signup
    110mb.com

In other words it gives you what you are looking for lol
    Desktop Build mobo: MSI 790FX-GD70 | cpu: Phenom ii x4 965BE C3 @ 4.02Ghz | gfx: Sapphire + XFX 5770 CrossfireX + EVGA 9800GTX+
    ram: 8gb DDR3-1333Mhz | hd: 1TB (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) + 500gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.7) + 400gb (Kubuntu 11.04 x64)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

http://0000free.com/hosting.html - haven't tried with them, but that's pretty shiny, it supports everything, cgi, php, mysql, etc. You get 10GB Bandwidth and 1GB Space. I'd look into it.
    MBA M1 - M1 8GB 256GB - macOS Monterey
    MSI GL65 - i5-10300H 16GB 512GB GTX 1650 Windows 11
    Galaxy Book Go - Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 4GB 128GB Windows 11

Beans
    Distro

Thanks sendblink23, I'll look into that one. Sounds promising. As for 0000free, I've already tried them. I don't remember why, but something compelled me to not use them for more than an hour or so. (I don't remember the reason cause I've been trying one host after another and denying them all for various reasons).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast