Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 74

Thread: lirc and streamzap on upgrade from 10.04 to 10.10

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Shakopee, MN USA
    Beans
    215
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: lirc and streamzap on upgrade from 10.04 to 10.10

    I just updated my 10.04 Frontend to the latest kernel and updates it offered. I am now getting the same condition with the multiple key presses. Selecting a older kernel version during bootup, I don't see this issue. I have the same Streamzap remote.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    647

    Re: lirc and streamzap on upgrade from 10.04 to 10.10

    Quote Originally Posted by novellahub View Post
    I just updated my 10.04 Frontend to the latest kernel and updates it offered. I am now getting the same condition with the multiple key presses. Selecting a older kernel version during bootup, I don't see this issue. I have the same Streamzap remote.
    Well, it doesn't really "fix" the problem, but try commenting out some of the buttons that are giving you the issue in ~/.lirc/mythtv or whatever file is appropriate for you in the ~/.lirc/ folder.

    Then, just restart lirc or reboot.

    Let me know how it goes.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Beans
    2

    Re: lirc and streamzap on upgrade from 10.04 to 10.10

    I have the same multiple keypress problem. If I turn off lircd, only the arrow keys work. When I start lircd, everything else works, but there's 2 keypresses for each of the arrow keys.

    I assume the options are to(in order of my preference):
    1)configure the in-kernel driver to work correctly
    2)turn off the in-kernel driver
    3)turn off the arrow keys in lirc

    I know how to do 3), how would I do 1 or 2?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Beans
    20

    Re: lirc and streamzap on upgrade from 10.04 to 10.10

    Same problem here - so far your option 3 is the only one I've been able to get working.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    647

    Re: lirc and streamzap on upgrade from 10.04 to 10.10

    I also use XBMC and the select/ok button isn't working in that program...wow, what the heck is going on?

    Is that happening to anyone else?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Beans
    20

    Re: lirc and streamzap on upgrade from 10.04 to 10.10

    Looking in the kernel source I find
    drivers/media/IR/rc-streamzap.c
    drivers/media/IR/keymaps/rc-streamzap.c
    This looks liek a USB driver to talk to the Streamzap remote.

    The keymap file has:
    { 0x28c0, KEY_NUMERIC_0 },
    { 0x28c1, KEY_NUMERIC_1 },
    { 0x28c2, KEY_NUMERIC_2 },
    { 0x28c3, KEY_NUMERIC_3 },
    { 0x28c4, KEY_NUMERIC_4 },
    { 0x28c5, KEY_NUMERIC_5 },
    { 0x28c6, KEY_NUMERIC_6 },
    { 0x28c7, KEY_NUMERIC_7 },
    { 0x28c8, KEY_NUMERIC_8 },
    { 0x28c9, KEY_NUMERIC_9 },
    { 0x28ca, KEY_POWER },
    { 0x28cb, KEY_MUTE },
    { 0x28cc, KEY_CHANNELUP },
    { 0x28cd, KEY_VOLUMEUP },
    { 0x28ce, KEY_CHANNELDOWN },
    { 0x28cf, KEY_VOLUMEDOWN },
    { 0x28d0, KEY_UP },
    { 0x28d1, KEY_LEFT },
    { 0x28d2, KEY_OK },
    { 0x28d3, KEY_RIGHT },
    { 0x28d4, KEY_DOWN },
    { 0x28d5, KEY_MENU },
    { 0x28d6, KEY_EXIT },
    { 0x28d7, KEY_PLAY },
    { 0x28d8, KEY_PAUSE },
    { 0x28d9, KEY_STOP },
    { 0x28da, KEY_BACK },
    { 0x28db, KEY_FORWARD },
    { 0x28dc, KEY_RECORD },
    { 0x28dd, KEY_REWIND },
    { 0x28de, KEY_FASTFORWARD },
    { 0x28e0, KEY_RED },
    { 0x28e1, KEY_GREEN },
    { 0x28e2, KEY_YELLOW },
    { 0x28e3, KEY_BLUE },

    It might be possible to get map these keycodes to useful functions within an application to get all the buttons working using this driver.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Beans
    145

    Re: lirc and streamzap on upgrade from 10.04 to 10.10

    I had a similar problem with my remote. Some keys (up/down/left/right) working, but others not, no matter now much I tried and I couldn't understand why.

    It turns out that my remote is recognized as a keyboard. If lirc is not running, there is still basic keyboard functionality independent of lirc, but not all of they keys work. I needed to reconfigure lirc from scratch.

    Basically, the main tools to use are:

    irrecord to make sure the device is read, the correct modules are loaded and generate a keymap.

    Then start lircd (make sure it is started, 10.10 has some issues...)

    Then make sure that lircd is getting the button presses using irw.

    Note that I didn't have the double key press once lircd started working. It seems that lircd somehow disabled the keyboard functionality.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    647

    Re: lirc and streamzap on upgrade from 10.04 to 10.10

    Quote Originally Posted by alien878 View Post
    I had a similar problem with my remote. Some keys (up/down/left/right) working, but others not, no matter now much I tried and I couldn't understand why.

    It turns out that my remote is recognized as a keyboard. If lirc is not running, there is still basic keyboard functionality independent of lirc, but not all of they keys work. I needed to reconfigure lirc from scratch.

    Basically, the main tools to use are:

    irrecord to make sure the device is read, the correct modules are loaded and generate a keymap.

    Then start lircd (make sure it is started, 10.10 has some issues...)

    Then make sure that lircd is getting the button presses using irw.

    Note that I didn't have the double key press once lircd started working. It seems that lircd somehow disabled the keyboard functionality.
    This seems to be a bug. How/where do we report it?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Beans
    2

    Re: lirc and streamzap on upgrade from 10.04 to 10.10

    Me too .....

    My remote (streamzap) works, but sometime looks like my htpc is receiving a double click, sometime one click.... and /var/log/messagges if full on these messages


    Oct 17 19:42:13 htpc kernel: [ 1011.805425] streamzap 6-2:1.0: streamzap_callback: received urb, len 2
    Oct 17 19:42:13 htpc kernel: [ 1011.805430] streamzap 6-2:1.0: sz idx 0: f
    Oct 17 19:42:13 htpc kernel: [ 1011.805435] streamzap 6-2:1.0: sz idx 1: ff
    Oct 17 19:42:30 htpc kernel: [ 1028.949812] streamzap 6-2:1.0: streamzap_callback: received urb, len 2
    Oct 17 19:42:30 htpc kernel: [ 1028.949817] streamzap 6-2:1.0: sz idx 0: f
    Oct 17 19:42:30 htpc kernel: [ 1028.949823] streamzap 6-2:1.0: sz idx 1: ff
    Oct 17 19:42:39 htpc kernel: [ 1037.486006] streamzap 6-2:1.0: streamzap_callback: received urb, len 2
    Oct 17 19:42:39 htpc kernel: [ 1037.486011] streamzap 6-2:1.0: sz idx 0: f
    Oct 17 19:42:39 htpc kernel: [ 1037.486016] streamzap 6-2:1.0: sz idx 1: ff

    i really think is something inside the kernel

    My 2€ cents

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Beans
    647

    Re: lirc and streamzap on upgrade from 10.04 to 10.10

    Quote Originally Posted by magatz View Post
    Me too .....

    My remote (streamzap) works, but sometime looks like my htpc is receiving a double click, sometime one click.... and /var/log/messagges if full on these messages


    Oct 17 19:42:13 htpc kernel: [ 1011.805425] streamzap 6-2:1.0: streamzap_callback: received urb, len 2
    Oct 17 19:42:13 htpc kernel: [ 1011.805430] streamzap 6-2:1.0: sz idx 0: f
    Oct 17 19:42:13 htpc kernel: [ 1011.805435] streamzap 6-2:1.0: sz idx 1: ff
    Oct 17 19:42:30 htpc kernel: [ 1028.949812] streamzap 6-2:1.0: streamzap_callback: received urb, len 2
    Oct 17 19:42:30 htpc kernel: [ 1028.949817] streamzap 6-2:1.0: sz idx 0: f
    Oct 17 19:42:30 htpc kernel: [ 1028.949823] streamzap 6-2:1.0: sz idx 1: ff
    Oct 17 19:42:39 htpc kernel: [ 1037.486006] streamzap 6-2:1.0: streamzap_callback: received urb, len 2
    Oct 17 19:42:39 htpc kernel: [ 1037.486011] streamzap 6-2:1.0: sz idx 0: f
    Oct 17 19:42:39 htpc kernel: [ 1037.486016] streamzap 6-2:1.0: sz idx 1: ff

    i really think is something inside the kernel

    My 2€ cents
    To get by, comment out the arrow buttons in the appropriate ~/.lirc/? file. Not perfect, but at least it will eliminate the double arrows. Won't fix my select/ok button problem, but it's a start.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •