Thread: How to Upgrade from 10.04 to 10.10?

Beans

How to Upgrade from 10.04 to 10.10?

Hi Guys

So I'm super excited and am downloading the latest Ubuntu 10.10 release. I'm currently running 10.04 64-bit. Can someone please give me instructions on how to install 10.10 like an upgrade, instead of a fresh install? I don't want to delete anything. I'd appreciate your help.

Additionally, I have 2 other machines that are running Ubuntu Studio. Basically, they were running 10.04 64-bit. I then installed Ubuntu Studio through Synaptic Package Manager. If I were to upgrade that to 10.10, how would I go about it? Am I opening a can of worms? Should I just backup everything, and reformat?

Beans

Re: How to Upgrade from 10.04 to 10.10?

I'm going through the forums and I see way too many people with issues post 10.10 installation, most complaining that it doesn't boot. I think I should just refrain and stick to 10.04 since its working just fine!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

It seems that the more experienced people wait for a while after a new release to allow for problems to be fixed in the meantime.
    MacBook Pro 10,1 retina

Beans

That's good advice. I think I will wait.

Beans

Hello out there to everyone who is excited to move to 10.10.
    Please take my advice & wait. Too too many many problems:

System did not upgrade from the CD, instead installed a fresh copy.
    Fixed that, then after upgrade system did not boot. fixed that
    Now problem with nvidia card & wireless (still working on this last one) Just too many problems.
    Please please wait until you get feed back from suckers like me. ubuntu instead of getting more & more stable, going backward. Voila ubuntu