Thread: Windows Movie Maker....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Smile Windows Movie Maker....

Hi.
    I have Ubuntu installed under windows as a program. ( With WUBI ), just to see how Ubuntu works, becuase I've been thinking to shift from Windows to Ubuntu. But before I can do that, I HAVE to get the programs that I use in Windows to work in Ubuntu ( with WINE ) or just find replacements.

I need to use Windows Movie Maker to do a video like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU-csDtNmjc . A vidoe where you hear sound and read text. This is very easy in Windows Movie Maker, But the software I have tried from Ubuntu Software Center are eighter too simple or too complicated for me. I have not found ANY software that have the ability that I need, to make a video as the one in the link above.

About that video : It is a ballad about Sigmundur Brestirson, who brought Chritianty to the Faroe Islands ( my homeland ). The ballads are accombined with a Faroese Ring Dance. The language you hear is Faroese. It decends from a old norse language.
    Sorry for any spelling mistakes. English in not my 1. language. It's my 3. language.

Beans

Re: Windows Movie Maker....

No issues man ! Your English is pretty good. You write is very well, though its your 3rd language. Okay ! so moving on to topic, you are explaining here something regarding window movie maker.

That i got understood but I am unable to get "ubuntu" .Can you please explain me what is it exactly ?

Beans
    Distro

Well... Ubuntu is... From Linux?? There is Kubuntu, Mythbuntu and so on..Ubuntu.. Well. I am a noob. I have only used Windows.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

Openshot should handle this OK, and has a good manual if you get stuck. To create a video like you linked to just follow this:
    Open openshot
    Right click on the project files window and import sound file
    Drag sound file from project files window to track one on the timeline
    Create words by going to Title>New Title on the main taskbar, you can choose templates or make your own

Beans
    Distro

Wink Re: Windows Movie Maker....

Thank you very much.