Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hyper transport sync flood error

Beans

hyper transport sync flood error

Trying to install 10.10 netbook edition on my MSI U230 netbook from a USB drive. Keep getting the error "hyper transport sync flood error occurred on last boot" Press F1 to Resume. F1 causes just a reboot and the same thing happens. Anyone seen this error? It happens with both the netbook and desktop version.

Beans

Re: hyper transport sync flood error

Quote Originally Posted by 6mil928 View Post
    Trying to install 10.10 netbook edition on my MSI U230 netbook from a USB drive. Keep getting the error "hyper transport sync flood error occurred on last boot" Press F1 to Resume. F1 causes just a reboot and the same thing happens. Anyone seen this error? It happens with both the netbook and desktop version.
    Yep, I just tried on U230 and I get the same error.

Beans

Interesting

Beans

Gonna try the 64 bit a friend of mine says it maybe the AMD dual core.

Beans

Well x64 works but the wireless doesn't

Beans

I thought the problem was related to the install method. So I just did an online upgrade. Now my U230 is bricked. Cannot do anything, as I just keep getting the hyper transport sync flood error, press F1 to resume, which just repeats the process on reboot.

Any idea how to solve this? I am really surprised at this regression.

[Edit] I am now able to boot by downgrading the kernel to 2.6.32.25, so the error must be related to the later kernel.
    Last edited by Ozdemon; October 19th, 2010 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Further info

Beans

Yea kinda ridiculous!

Beans

I have a U230 as well. The exact same thing happened to me. It rebooted instead of shutting down and was bricked when I tried to upgrade to the new kernel. I downgraded to 10.04.1 and its running fine. Huge Pain in the... Guess it don't pay to run "exotic" hardware heh.

Beans

If this is exotic then Ubuntu is hosed.

Beans

Hey, I just installed 10.10 64bit desktop (I was using the gnome desktop in netbook anyway) and it is running fine with working wireless. Had to edit the blacklist.conf (added lines on launchpad). Probably should have tried 64bit first but... Anyhow it's working for now. ;}

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast