Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: iwlagn won't do wireless N

Beans

Re: iwlagn won't do wireless N

Hi All,

I have got the Intel Advanced-N 6200 in my laptop. Enabling N seems to be working so far, copy went from 2MB/s to 5.3/MB/s, iwconfig now states 802.11abgn, Bit rate=144.4 Mb/s (insted of 54mb). Although I have a 300mb AP and wireless card. Anyone know how to get it to run at 300mb?

Thanks

Beans

This solved my problem:

cat /etc/modprobe.d/iwlagn.conf
    options iwlagn 11n_disable50=1 11n_disable=1

the file iwlagn.conf was not available under that directory, so I added it and then reloded the iwlagn module by:

sudo modeprobe -r iwlagn
    sudo modeprobe iwlagn

Beans

I feel like I may be having a similar problem on Ubuntu 12.10. At home I can connect to the wireless with no problem. At work, I cannot connect to the access point with highest signal, which I find using nm-tool:
    Code:
    Infra, 00:24:6C:80:D7:40, Freq 2462 MHz, Rate 54 Mb/s, Strength 64
    I know that, because when I boot in Mac OS x, it connects just fine. I tried specifying the MAC address of the access point, but network manager refuses to connect to it. Here is the sys log .
    My card is
    Code:
    Broadcom Corporation BCM4331 802.11a/b/g/n
    Can anyone help?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234