Thread: WYSIWYG with DHTML

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

WYSIWYG with DHTML

Hi.
    I'm looking for a good website design program for Ubuntu, but I was hoping to find one that works with DHTML. I believe the Coffee Cup Visual Site Designer software on Windows works with DHTML; you are able to place any object anywhere, without any restrictions. Dreamweaver also works with DHTML using Layers. It basically allows you to place a box of text literally ontop of an image object, and you can adjust the positions of objects to the exact pixel. I looked everywhere, and none of the software on Ubuntu seems to work this way... I was wondering if such an editor exists at all? Thanks. ^^

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: WYSIWYG with DHTML

Well, in a very general sense you can work with dynamic html in pretty much anything. These days, unless you're using Dreamweaver or Kompozer, WYSIWYG editors don't really seem to exist anymore.

If you can swing it, you can run Dreamweaver 8 in WINE.

Beans
    Distro

Okay. I'll test that out. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro

Ah ha! I found out how to do it in KompoZer. It's a bit finnicky, but it works. I had a hard time finding the "Layers" button in KompoZer because it's peculiarly hidden off to the right, away from all the other icons in the toolbar. I got it to work though. Thanks for the help!