Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pommed and brightness control not working

Beans

Re: Pommed and brightness control not working

Mario, thanks for your tool! I wasn't able to make mbp_nvidia_bl module work and your tool works just fine.

P.S. I am using Gentoo with 2.6.37, MacBook Pro 6.2. I'm getting the same FATAL: Error inserting mbp_nvidia_bl (/lib/modules/2.6.37-gentoo/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/mbp_nvidia_bl.ko): No such device

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by tilarids View Post
    Mario, thanks for your tool! I wasn't able to make mbp_nvidia_bl module work and your tool works just fine.

P.S. I am using Gentoo with 2.6.37, MacBook Pro 6.2. I'm getting the same FATAL: Error inserting mbp_nvidia_bl (/lib/modules/2.6.37-gentoo/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/mbp_nvidia_bl.ko): No such device
    Yepp. You'll have to use the mactel version, because the official version doesn't support your machine yet. (It always takes some time until the patches get accepted upstream.) On gentoo you can either compile it yourself or use dkms as well.

ciao,
    Mario

Beans

Hope no-one is offended by me asking on an Ubuntu forum but could anyone tell me how to get mbp_nvidia_bl working for Fedora14?

Beans

I'm now having this problem with Natty on my MacBook Pro 6.2. I tried Mario's cpp tool, which compiles and runs but always reports the brightness as 0.

Code:
    $sudo ./apple-backlight -n -s 1
    valid range: 0-15 (0xf)
    setting brightness to: 1
    current brightness is now: 0
    Like some of the others posts in this thread, my folder /sys/class/backlight is empty:

Code:
    $find /sys/ |grep backlight
    /sys/class/backlight
    $
    nvclock reported that my graphics card isn't supported. I installed nvidia-bl-dkms from mactel, but I notice there is no mbp-nvidia-bl-dkms for Natty. Could that be the issue? Any ideas would be great and thanks for restarting the thread!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123