Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can I be lured back?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Can I be lured back?

Quote Originally Posted by jcolyn View Post
    Proprietary codecs are pre-installed in Mint but not in Ubuntu. My understanding is there is now an option to install during the OS install. I'll have to look into that..
    In the Ubuntu software center there is a "Restricted Extras" which I had to download first before I can install any proprietary software, codec, flash and drivers. I guess Mint just make it default.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by fatality_uk View Post
    If you prefer it, run it!!
    Indeed. I can't see any reason to lure the OP back.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

It happened!!!!!!!!!!

I installed 10.10 this morning and everything worked fine till I noticed my images looked odd. I checked my screen resolution which was set to 1280x1024. I reset it to its native resolution of 1440x900. It froze up. After a hard restart it froze up again....and again.......... Can't even access the logs even in safe mode or the cl to see what the problem is..

I could go out and buy a new graphics card and disable the onboard card but downloading Kubuntu 10.10 is a lot easier so I'll give that a try once done..

I'm going to build a new computer soon so will try 10.10 gnome on it once it is built..
    Colyn

My photography website: http://www.colynsfotografs.com

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Kubuntu 10.10 is installed and running fine on this computer.

The more I think about it the more convinced I am that the issue is not kernel related but a conflict between Gnome and my Intel graphics card since everytime I try to set screen resolution to 1440x900 native it freezes up... KDE automatically sets screen resolution to the native 1440x900 with no problems..
    Colyn

My photography website: http://www.colynsfotografs.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123