Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: intel graphics issues (Maverick)

Beans

Re: intel graphics issues (Maverick)

Is there a fix for us then? Might you know how can we change back to the drivers that worked before?

Beans

Yup this is all kind of bad form, I think - to have a seemingly platform independent project and then to skew it by preloading it with nVidia stuff whilst simultaneously moving to less supportive Intel drivers.

Desperate for a solution.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Same here - Kwin desktop effects which were passable in Lucid, are now formally disabled as the system is too slow. This happened on upgrade to kubuntu 10.10.

In KDE there is an option to turn off the check that does this but I've not checked it yet.

Marking thread as solved -- it turns out my problems were due to Software Sources assigning me to a bad mirror, and hence my system hadn't updated properly.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

pixnaps,

Dude, if you have the graphics adapter you say you have, your problem is not solved.

There rest of us are using good mirrors, and the problem is still here.

You may be able to get along generally, if you keep desktop effects turned off, otherwise you'll have a large mess on your hands.

I am still hoping that some fixes will appear soon. If that does not happen, I am either switching distros, or going back to 10.04 on this laptop.
    Desktop: Kubuntu 18.04 64-bit Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5GHz 8GB DDR2 Nvidia GT440
    Nettop: Kubuntu 14.04 64-bit Atom D525 @ 1.8GHz 4GB DDR2 Nvidia ION2
    Netbook: Lubuntu 16.04 Dell Mini 9 2GB RAM

Beans

How did you solve it? Please tell that. My laptop is as unusable as a remote dumb terminal.

I posted similar problem: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1595818

There may be other intel graphics issues that aren't solved. But the games I was concerned about (in my original post) are now playable, since I changed my software sources mirror to the standard US server, and got all the updates.

Beans

Unhappy Re: intel graphics issues (Maverick)

I have the same kind of issues on my eeePC 1000h. Glxgears is really jerky, however if I keep moving the mouse cursor while running it, it's getting faster and smoother and gets sync with the screen at 60fps. As soon as I released the mouse the framerate drops and glxgears is getting jerky again.

On lucid I had a score of about 1500 on glx gears. It dropped to 200-250 on maverick. I am not new to ubuntu, I have been using it since Dapper on different computers. I know that glxgears is not a benchmark....I don't care much much about the score...but it should be at least smooth. I used top to see if any process was overloading the cpu. Direct rendering is enabled according to glx info. I am not sure what to try.

I went back to lucid for now. I also have issues with my wifi card but it is a known problem and easy to fix.

If anyone is running maverick on a eeePC 1000h without any issue, I would be glad to know it.

Thanks

Eric

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

OK, here is what worked for me..

See post #93 by ahanssen:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...592245&page=10

Installing this kernel has resolved 90%+ of the problems I was experiencing with Maverick and my mobile Intel graphics adapter.

I stumbled across this just in the nick of time, as I was planning to start working on reverting back to Lucid at some point this evening.

Hope this helps someone else!
    Desktop: Kubuntu 18.04 64-bit Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5GHz 8GB DDR2 Nvidia GT440
    Nettop: Kubuntu 14.04 64-bit Atom D525 @ 1.8GHz 4GB DDR2 Nvidia ION2
    Netbook: Lubuntu 16.04 Dell Mini 9 2GB RAM

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kingmanowar View Post
    I have the same kind of issues on my eeePC 1000h. Glxgears is really jerky, however if I keep moving the mouse cursor while running it, it's getting faster and smoother and gets sync with the screen at 60fps. As soon as I released the mouse the framerate drops and glxgears is getting jerky again.

On lucid I had a score of about 1500 on glx gears. It dropped to 200-250 on maverick. I am not new to ubuntu, I have been using it since Dapper on different computers. I know that glxgears is not a benchmark....I don't care much much about the score...but it should be at least smooth. I used top to see if any process was overloading the cpu. Direct rendering is enabled according to glx info. I am not sure what to try.

I went back to lucid for now. I also have issues with my wifi card but it is a known problem and easy to fix.

If anyone is running maverick on a eeePC 1000h without any issue, I would be glad to know it.

Thanks

Eric
    I too have a 1000he (I believe it is the same exact thing as the 1000h) and experienced the mouse phenomenon. I saw that when I moved the mouse the gears did seem a lot less "jerky".

Has anyone tried the fix?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast