Thread: How To Shapren New Ubuntu Font (10.04)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

How To Shapren New Ubuntu Font (10.04)

Hi...i have installed the new Ubuntu font, but is not sharp enough for me. I have enabled sharp fonts on my desktop, but after installing the new Ubuntu Font, the sharpen dissapeared.

It is possible to get sharpen ubuntu font?

Please advise...

Thanks a lot!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: How To Shapren New Ubuntu Font (10.04)

Quote Originally Posted by razor7 View Post
    I have enabled sharp fonts on my desktop
    Sharpen? I think the word you want hasn't translated well. Do you still get the four choices in the Appearance Preferences as in my screenshot?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro

I have used the "sharp font" technique described here http://www.webupd8.org/2009/09/ubunt...all-sharp.html but when installed Ubuntu font, the fonts on my desktop got blurry again...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I see what you mean. That seems to be a method for getting fonts to look like they do in Windows with absolutely no hinting. As far as I understand the Ubuntu font is designed to be used with hinting. I guess it simply won't work with that sharp font technique.

Besides, the design and shape of the characters is all wrong for "sharpening".
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro

Select monochrome option in the Preferences-Appearance-Fonts, and in "details" check full hinting. Report the results back.
    "All animals are equal but some are more equal than others" G. Orwell