Thread: Video Processing -> Audio Out of Sync

Hybrid View

Beans

Video Processing -> Audio Out of Sync

Whether I am ripping a dvd with k3b, or converting a .wmv file to .avi with mencoder, or messing with a file in kdenlive, the resulting video always has audio out of sync with the video! The original plays just fine (in mplayer, vlc, or in flash once I've uploaded it). The converted file is out of sync whether its in mplayer, vlc, or flash once uploaded. The only common thread is:

Original (Source: DVD, Windows Laptop, Camcorder) -> Process on Linux -> Out of Sync.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04. What can I do? Thanks for your help!

(Bonus! Also kdenlive won't let me convert to h264 for some reason, it did fine when I was running 9.x, what changed?)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Video Processing -> Audio Out of Sync

I've had quite a problem making DVDs either with all of my home videos, or compiling various TV shows onto one disc. Audio slides in and out of sync on almost every video or episode.

Anyhow, I'm looking at tovid right now to see if it indeed does a better job encoding. I just have one question: Which engine should I use, ffmpeg or mpeg2enc? Thanks.
    “Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.” -- Bertrand Russell

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

bumpalicious.
    “Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.” -- Bertrand Russell

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I think I've discovered a curious little detail about the sync issue: The audio will be in perfect sync until a fade-to-black comes up (like a commercial for a TV show) and then the problem starts, and it takes a few minutes for the audio to slowly correct itself.

What would black scenes have to do with the audio and video lining up properly? Bizarre, no?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

No ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I keep checking discs I've made with devede, QDVDAuthor and DVD Styler, and the same issue is always there: a loss of sync right after black scenes. No one has experienced this? No one can tell me why it's happening or what to do about it? Thanks in advance.