Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video Processing -> Audio Out of Sync

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Video Processing -> Audio Out of Sync

OK. So I'm noticing a limitation with - evidently - devede. When I make a single-layer, 4.7 GB DVD (using re-encoded video files via Winff) everything seems to go hunky dory; audio's in sync, and no pixelization. However, when I try to do the same at the double-layer size, I get problems.

Using avis, mkvs or other files directly with devede, the primary issue was audio sync, as the thread's title and early posts suggest. Using WinFF-created, DVD-suitable mpegs, the problems are breaks in audio - complete silence for short stretches - and some pretty significant pixelization.

Any clues as to how to get around this? Should I not be using devede? I like the simple interface, and I am definitely a GUI person, so...
    “Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.” -- Bertrand Russell

Beans

Did you save the project in devede? You can open it and make sure you checked all the boxes "This is already a DVD/xCD MPEG-..." Make sure it was checked for every file or devede will re encode it and maybe messed it up.

I assume the original mpg files play without the missing audio so devede did something wrong.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Yeah, I selected it across the board, and the simplest way to confirm that is to note that it takes just a minute or two to render the image when there is no encoding to be done. I'm going to go back and really pay attention to the mpgs and make sure there is no issue with them. I'm confident that the issue is something else, though.
    “Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.” -- Bertrand Russell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12