Thread: CAD required

Beans

CAD required

I hope I am in the right place here. I want a 2D CAD package to draw up some building layout style plans. In a previous life I used QuickCad, from the Autocad people. Now I am using Ubuntu 10.04.1 I would like something similar. QCAD sounds the sort of thing but I'm not overly sure if it is available as a free package. I see there are some CAD packages on the Ubuntu software Centre can anyone recommend a suitable one along the lines mentione above?

Thanks

Alan

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: CAD required

You can search for qcad in software center and install it from there. They have a community edition wich is free.
    Knee deep in hell

Beans

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try.

Beans

If you have a bit of Time. Wait for DraftSight. It should come up very soon, might not be in time for your current project, but should it would be your best CAD friend in Linux in the future.

Well, if you are serious about CAD, this is like the only one that actually work. QCAD, Functional, but not really working. (to ME).

I tried the Windows' version under Wine, It work beautifully. It is Free to USE. Though it is not Open Source, so.

Beans

Thanks I'll look out for that.