Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Unstable wifi after last update

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lomma, Sweden
    Beans
    126
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Unstable wifi after last update

    Having problems with Realtek 8191SE (8192 driver) since last update a couple of hours ago. When wifi is active, networking is incredibly unstable, taking minutes to load a single page. Is anyone experiencing the same?
    My words fly up, my thoughts remain below;
    Words without thoughts never to heaven go.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rochester, N.Y.
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Unstable wifi after last update

    I ran updates last night and my wireless started acting 'buggy' so I switched to 'wired' connection and didn't think any more about it. Some pages were loading and when I tried to run updates again via terminal, it was getting errors all the way through and wired ran update perfect.
    I'm gonna update a little later this evening and I will try the wireless again.
    (Was)Windows Free At Last
    "May You Have A Safe Trip and A Successful Journey"
    Linux user #432153 Ubuntu user #8521

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lomma, Sweden
    Beans
    126
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Unstable wifi after last update

    Quote Originally Posted by DougieFresh4U View Post
    I ran updates last night and my wireless started acting 'buggy' so I switched to 'wired' connection and didn't think any more about it. Some pages were loading and when I tried to run updates again via terminal, it was getting errors all the way through and wired ran update perfect.
    I'm gonna update a little later this evening and I will try the wireless again.
    I updated yesterday but the problems persisted. How about you?
    My words fly up, my thoughts remain below;
    Words without thoughts never to heaven go.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rochester, N.Y.
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Unstable wifi after last update

    Quote Originally Posted by thezood View Post
    I updated yesterday but the problems persisted. How about you?
    Just ran updates and rebooted. No luck with wireless today.Wired is working just fine.
    (Was)Windows Free At Last
    "May You Have A Safe Trip and A Successful Journey"
    Linux user #432153 Ubuntu user #8521

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lomma, Sweden
    Beans
    126
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Unstable wifi after last update

    Quote Originally Posted by DougieFresh4U View Post
    Just ran updates and rebooted. No luck with wireless today.Wired is working just fine.
    It seem to be working better for me now. Hope you have the same luck.
    My words fly up, my thoughts remain below;
    Words without thoughts never to heaven go.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Guaynabo, PR
    Beans
    593
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: Unstable wifi after last update

    Anybody here has an RT73USB since on that wireless usb, my connection performance is extremely horrible(it takes minutes to load websites) - even sitting right next to my router - then on the same router through Ethernet Lan its extremely fast compared to it.
    Desktop Build mobo: MSI 790FX-GD70 | cpu: Phenom ii x4 965BE C3 @ 4.02Ghz | gfx: Sapphire + XFX 5770 CrossfireX + EVGA 9800GTX+
    ram: 8gb DDR3-1333Mhz | hd: 1TB (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) + 500gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.7) + 400gb (Kubuntu 11.04 x64)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rochester, N.Y.
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Unstable wifi after last update

    Quote Originally Posted by thezood View Post
    It seem to be working better for me now. Hope you have the same luck.
    Glad you got yours sorted.
    Today, Sunday 10/10/2010, all seems to be fine now. my wireless is working up to speed.
    (Was)Windows Free At Last
    "May You Have A Safe Trip and A Successful Journey"
    Linux user #432153 Ubuntu user #8521

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •