Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: "lost" my desktop panel, how can I get it back?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Beans
    5

    "lost" my desktop panel, how can I get it back?

    I know this is a "stupid" question, but I don't know what happened... I "lost" all my menus/panel and can't get it back, and can't find actually any info about getting out of this "Full screen" kind of mode.

    Any idea? Tried various keys... nothing. It will probably get back after reboot, but want to know for the future.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Windham, Maine USA
    Beans
    83
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Re: "lost" my desktop panel, how can I get it back?

    I found this site that should be able to help you:http://j.mp/alVMGT
    IRC: AndrewMC
    LaunchPAD: AndrewMC
    Forums: SpockVulcan

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Plymouth, ID
    Beans
    210
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Re: "lost" my desktop panel, how can I get it back?

    Quote Originally Posted by md10 View Post
    I know this is a "stupid" question, but I don't know what happened... I "lost" all my menus/panel and can't get it back, and can't find actually any info about getting out of this "Full screen" kind of mode.

    Any idea? Tried various keys... nothing. It will probably get back after reboot, but want to know for the future.

    Thanks!
    This thread has a few different ideas to try.


    HTML Code:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=691636

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Plymouth, ID
    Beans
    210
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Re: "lost" my desktop panel, how can I get it back?

    Quote Originally Posted by acreech View Post
    This thread has a few different ideas to try.


    HTML Code:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=691636
    I had something similar happen to me once with firefox. A temporary fix was

    alt+F2

    Code:
    metacity --replace

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Beans
    5

    Re: "lost" my desktop panel, how can I get it back?

    Quote Originally Posted by SpockVulcan View Post
    I found this site that should be able to help you:http://j.mp/alVMGT
    Thanks all! After rebooting all in place.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Goa
    Beans
    69
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: "lost" my desktop panel, how can I get it back?

    If it happens again just open the terminal(ctrl+alt+t) and use:
    Code:
    gnome-panel
    Please mark thread as solved.
    rm -rf /bin/laden

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •