Thread: xbmc dual display twin view

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Unhappy xbmc dual display twin view

Hi all,

Maybe a complete noob question.

I have just installed xbmc on a box with dual display (both 1280x1024) twin view setup with nvidia configuration.

My question is simple (lets hope the answer is) how do I get xbmc to open on just one display and not spread across both (either one, I don't care).

Thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Talking Re: xbmc dual display twin view

Quote Originally Posted by redbook4574 View Post
    Hi all,

Maybe a complete noob question.

I have just installed xbmc on a box with dual display (both 1280x1024) twin view setup with nvidia configuration.

My question is simple (lets hope the answer is) how do I get xbmc to open on just one display and not spread across both (either one, I don't care).

Thanks in advance
    Ok forget everything I just said, I have found the setting, and yes I was being a total noob. Sorry to have bothered everybody. Should anybody else have the same problem it is:
    system-system (again)-video output and set resolution to windowed.:

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: xbmc dual display twin view

Hi everybody

Sorry to bump such an old thread, however I am having same issue as the OP. I have used his windowed fix for now, but I would like XMBC to be fullscreen (not windowed), just on screen 1.

Anyone have a fix?

Thanks
    Dave

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: xbmc dual display twin view

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.