Thread: Rhythmbox issues: Properties revert when changed, and random files will not import

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Rhythmbox issues: Properties revert when changed, and random files will not import

To start, I am fairly new to Ubuntu. I've been on for 5-6 months, so I know a little about it.

The first problem: changed properties on certain songs revert in Rhythmbox. I recently upgraded from 9.10 to 10.04, which also updated a number of applications. Before the update, Rhythmbox could change the properties of any song I had (mostly mp3's). Now, some songs revert to their old properties if I attempt to change them. Is there something wrong with the files themselves, or is it just something is Rhythmbox?

The second problem: random files will not import. When I try to import certain songs, or even the folders they are in, they just will not import. I have tried rebooting, restarting RB, and reinstalling the application but they still won't import to the library. Any suggestions?
    "Who are you working for?!?!" "Your hairdresser!"

Beans
    Distro

Re: Rhythmbox issues: Properties revert when changed, and random files will not impo

I'm having the same issue in netbook edition 10.04. Some folders simply refuse to import.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Rhythmbox issues: Properties revert when changed, and random files will not impo

Does anyone know what's causing the problem?