Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't prevent keyring from asking for my Windows share password when accessing

Beans

Angry Can't prevent keyring from asking for my Windows share password when accessing

Hello,

I have a Windows share on my network and I protected it with a password. I access it with my Ubuntu desktop, and I saved my password the first time I accessed it. The password is saved in Seahorse (the keyring), but each time I try to access my Windows share, I have to type in my keyring password
    Despite trying several tutos, I haven't been able to prevent keyring from asking for my keyring password. Could you help me please?
    Thanks,
    Charles.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Can't prevent keyring from asking for my Windows share password when accessing

I thought this was kinda the point of a keyring in the first place...
    AMD A4-3400 w/ Radeon HD 6410D, 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333Mhz, Kubuntu 14.04, SliTaz 4.0, Windows 8.1, Ubuntu 14.04 VM
    " ... Love your neighbor as you love yourself."

Beans

Re: Can't prevent keyring from asking for my Windows share password when accessing

I just want to get rid of this annoyance, with Ubuntu still remembering my password.
    Charles.

Beans

Any idea? Thanks....
    Charles.

Beans

I just want to save my password once for all, like in Windows 7...
    Charles.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

well at all honesty... since you have already even tested removing the password on keyring *seeing the links you posted that you have tried... and its not working for you

I would suggest... well remove the password on the *Windows access thing... unless you are scared of someone to access it
    Desktop Build mobo: MSI 790FX-GD70 | cpu: Phenom ii x4 965BE C3 @ 4.02Ghz | gfx: Sapphire + XFX 5770 CrossfireX + EVGA 9800GTX+
    ram: 8gb DDR3-1333Mhz | hd: 1TB (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) + 500gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.7) + 400gb (Kubuntu 11.04 x64)

Beans

unless you are scared of someone to access it
    That's the problem!
    Charles.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by calande View Post
    That's the problem!
    hehehe

well lets hope some keyring guru appears today or tomorrow to help you out
    Desktop Build mobo: MSI 790FX-GD70 | cpu: Phenom ii x4 965BE C3 @ 4.02Ghz | gfx: Sapphire + XFX 5770 CrossfireX + EVGA 9800GTX+
    ram: 8gb DDR3-1333Mhz | hd: 1TB (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) + 500gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.7) + 400gb (Kubuntu 11.04 x64)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

See if this helps:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...yring+password

Comment #8 says it worked for samba share

If you don't want to run into troubles, better wait for the Gurus to comment
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth !!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mark it [SOLVED] if the issue has been resolved

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by luvshines View Post
    See if this helps:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...yring+password

Comment #8 says it worked for samba share

If you don't want to run into troubles, better wait for the Gurus to comment
    hahaha dude, did you check the LAST PAGE?
    He already tried it out.. the OP is the last comment on that thread 5 days ago

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast