Thread: When computer boots half of panel icon goes missing

Beans

When computer boots half of panel icon goes missing

Sometimes when I boot my computer the icons on the panel (pieces of them) are missing. Like half of my wireless just the mail icon from the indicator applet half the trash can or show desktop or just the power button from the indicator applet session. After I log out and log back in either once or twice that usually fixes it. I am using Ubuntu 10.04 with gnome 2.30.2. Has anyone else had this problem or know a fix? Thanks in advance.

Beans

Re: When computer boots half of panel icon goes missing

I am having the same problem, has anybody found a solution to this yet?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dsmo223 View Post
    I am having the same problem, has anybody found a solution to this yet?
    I recently moved to 64 bit 10.04.1 and have not noticed the problem since. I knew someone else had to have had this problem. Have you noticed that if you log out then back in they come back? Also are you running 32 bit 10.04?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dodo3773 View Post
    Sometimes when I boot my computer the icons on the panel (pieces of them) are missing. Like half of my wireless just the mail icon from the indicator applet half the trash can or show desktop or just the power button from the indicator applet session. After I log out and log back in either once or twice that usually fixes it. I am using Ubuntu 10.04 with gnome 2.30.2. Has anyone else had this problem or know a fix? Thanks in advance.

I get similar problems quite often. Attached is what my desktop currently looks like. I cannot even access the log out button to log out and back in. This has been happening to me since 10.04. I can't imagine this bug is not in launchpad but I cannot find it. Does anybody have any more information?
    Attached Images Attached Images