Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do ISO's really work with storage groups in .24?

Beans

Do ISO's really work with storage groups in .24?

I've been running 0.24 trunk for a while now with the hopes of using storage groups with ISO images. According to the current release notes it's in, and looking at the patch - it's been in for a while.

But it still doesn't work for me... it seems to be looking at the correct path at first, but then fails.

Does anyone have this working in 0.24 trunk? Any more info?

Thanks.

Beans

Re: Do ISO's really work with storage groups in .24?

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker3k View Post
    Does anyone have this working in 0.24 trunk? Any more info?
    Works fine for me. But sounds like you are trying to play back encrypted DVDs. Myth supports ISOs via Storage Group just fine in trunk-- but libdvdcss (which is not a part of myth) has no knowledge of Myth's protocol. If your ISOs are all still encrypted, then then won't work via storage group. If you decrypt the content while you rip it, it'll play fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by iamlindoro View Post
    Works fine for me. But sounds like you are trying to play back encrypted DVDs. Myth supports ISOs via Storage Group just fine in trunk-- but libdvdcss (which is not a part of myth) has no knowledge of Myth's protocol. If your ISOs are all still encrypted, then then won't work via storage group. If you decrypt the content while you rip it, it'll play fine.
    So does the decryption happen during the rip in mythtv when creating the ISO?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by williammanda View Post
    So does the decryption happen during the rip in mythtv when creating the ISO?
    No.

Beans

I wish it were that easy. They are definitely not encrypted DVDs and I even checked again.

It also has a problem with a DVD folder structure - so something is messed up.

It's nice to know that at least someone has it working so it's worth my time to try.

Thanks.

Beans

Taking another pass at this since I really would like to get this working. I've now tested with a DVD that I created from home movies. Works fine outside of storage groups, when I use it in a storage group the screen goes blank for a minute, then I'm taken back to the MythVideo gallery.

Any suggestions on what I could have wrong or how to troubleshoot? I'm running 0.24 fixes now...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker3k View Post
    Taking another pass at this since I really would like to get this working. I've now tested with a DVD that I created from home movies. Works fine outside of storage groups, when I use it in a storage group the screen goes blank for a minute, then I'm taken back to the MythVideo gallery.

Any suggestions on what I could have wrong or how to troubleshoot? I'm running 0.24 fixes now...
    *sigh* what do your frontend logs say?

Beans

The frontend log - while attempting to play an ISO:

libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version svnR1215
    libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
    libdvdread: Could not open input: No such file or directory
    libdvdread: Can't open myth://Videos@192.168.0.11:6543/Football-2007-08-27.iso for reading
    libdvdnav: vm: failed to open/read the DVD
    2010-11-16 17:51:18.321 Failed to open DVD device at myth://Videos@192.168.0.11:6543/Football-2007-08-27.iso
    2010-11-16 17:51:18.364 TV: Attempting to change from None to WatchingDVD
    libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version svnR1215
    libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
    libdvdread: Could not open input: No such file or directory
    libdvdread: Can't open myth://Videos@192.168.0.11:6543/Football-2007-08-27.iso for reading
    libdvdnav: vm: failed to open/read the DVD
    2010-11-16 17:51:18.380 Failed to open DVD device at myth://Videos@192.168.0.11:6543/Football-2007-08-27.iso

Beans

Thought I'd check in one more time and see if anyone else is having this issue. I've tried many different ISO files including some that I made myself, and they all present the same symptoms.

Beans
    Hidden!

I have the same issue that ISOs in the Videos storage group will not play. My frontend log shows a different problem that it is trying to use VDPAU when I don't have an Nvidia chipset that supports it. The thing that crashes the frontend is some kind of audio problem:

2010-12-18 20:13:29.786 [mp1 @ 0x7feb13c745e0]Header missing
    2010-12-18 20:13:29.786 AFD Error: Unknown audio decoding error

I'm guessing that myth can't figure out the audio codec and the video rendering library to use.

ISOs in an NFS mount directory play just fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast