Thread: Photo Printing Software??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Photo Printing Software??

Hello,
    simple question really. Can anyone recommend some decent photo printing software. I have tried Gnome Photo Printer and PhotoPrint.
    Photoprint would be perfect, but for some reason doesn't like my printer.
    Gnome Photo Printer doesn't give me the control I need over layout, or resolution, paper type, etc.
    Shotwell and Gthumb don't seem to have the facility to print multiple photos in one go on a single sheet. So I am kind of stuck.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Photo Printing Software??

Picasa I find is the best - even though its a wine app, it works just find in linux.
    mark your thread as [SOLVED], use Thread Tools on forum page.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

F-Spot has also got the printing abilities.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I had the same problem in Gnome, no control over printer properties which is a shame as I like the set up options for the prints. Where in Fstop is the setting for the printer properties found? I looked there first and couldn't find anything.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gallifrey View Post
    Shotwell and Gthumb don't seem to have the facility to print multiple photos in one go on a single sheet.
    gThumb can, in fact, print multiple photos on a single page.

- Mike

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

mjc1 I downloaded Gthumb and cannot print at all. When I click on print nothing happens and I can't even find anything in the manual on printing. Please help? It looks like a viewer only.

Beans

Hi,

If you'd like to give Shotwell another go, 0.9 now supports printing more than one image per page. To do this:

1. In any area of the application where it's possible to highlight multiple images, do so.
    2. Choose File -> Print....
    3. In the printing dialog, choose Image Settings.
    4. Choose Autosize, and in the drop-down menu, choose one of the multiple-images-per-page options.

Version 0.9 is available from the Shotwell PPA, or you can get the source from our SVN repository at svn://svn.yorba.org/trunk/shotwell .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yorba, I would love to try that version but here is my problem. In order to install the latest Shotwell I need Vala version 0.11.7 and the only vala I found and installed was version 0.10. I am stumped. Can't find that version anywhere and that's the version the terminal tells me I need (Shotwell requires Vala compiler 0.11.7 or greater. You are running 0.10.4.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by onaridge View Post
    Yorba, I would love to try that version but here is my problem. In order to install the latest Shotwell I need Vala version 0.11.7 and the only vala I found and installed was version 0.10. I am stumped. Can't find that version anywhere and that's the version the terminal tells me I need (Shotwell requires Vala compiler 0.11.7 or greater. You are running 0.10.4.)
    You only need Vala if you're installing from source. You can grab Vala version 0.12 from the vala-team PPA:
    https://launchpad.net/~vala-team/+archive/ppa

Beans

hi folks, i too am trying to print multiple photos per page, have Shotwell 0.9.3 but when I go to print --> image settings --> autosize and select 8 images per page, still only prints one image per page. Though the one image is the proper size. any ideas?