Thread: It just aborts

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

It just aborts

Hi, I'm a Linux newbie. I have a question about installing some programs via apt-get. When I use commands on Ubuntu Unofficial Guide such as

$ sudo apt-get install gstreamer0.8-plugins

terminal asks me a "yes/no" question about using a space and says "Do you want to continue?" I write "Y" but it says then "Abort" and doesn't install the program. Not all of the installs gives error but some of them. What am I supposed to do?

Beans

Re: It just aborts

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuuuuuu
    Hi, I'm a Linux newbie. I have a question about installing some programs via apt-get. When I use commands on Ubuntu Unofficial Guide such as

$ sudo apt-get install gstreamer0.8-plugins

terminal asks me a "yes/no" question about using a space and says "Do you want to continue?" I write "Y" but it says then "Abort" and doesn't install the program. Not all of the installs gives error but some of them. What am I supposed to do?
    I'm not sure, but try 'yes'
    Linux user #249404 - September 1997
    http://nocturn.vsbnet.be - RSS

Before executing any commands, make sure you kow what they mean, read this first!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: It just aborts

Oh my god I've installed Turkish version and although it asked me the question in English I tried "e" of Turkish word "evet" ("yes" in English) and it just worked
    Last edited by ZuLuuuuuu; February 17th, 2005 at 05:52 PM.