Thread: Help with Nvidea 8600 GT and Philips TV

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Help with Nvidea 8600 GT and Philips TV

Hello,

I am building a Ubuntu Based Home Media Server and have it almost worked out perfectly. My Current Issue seems to be a major problem, and I was hoping someone could shed some light light on how I can fix my problems. Anyway My Current Setup is Ubuntu 10.04 with a nVidea 8600 GT Graphics card, using a DVI -> HDMI cable to connect to the TV.

My Television is a Philips Plasma Module Number -> 50PFP5332D/37

Anyway, When I hook up to the TV The Screen Size is Zoomed in or something and I can't See the Panels, so I assume I'm losing 20pxs or something all the way around. I've searched the forums, google and everywhere else I could possibly think to solve this problem. I have used Ubuntu for years and on many different PC's and for many different Uses. I am very comfortable with the terminal.

I have read you can set your Offset's somehow but I have yet to figure out how, If someone could point me in the correct direction it would be execellent.

Shawn C
    www.s-vizion.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Help with Nvidea 8600 GT and Philips TV

had similar issue changed resolution and problem was solved.... if not i can only figure how to get it to change from B&W!