Thread: Adding keyboard shortcuts

Yangsan, S. Korea
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Adding keyboard shortcuts

I know there are no stupid questions here but i'm pushing the limits. I want to add keyboard shortcuts from system>preferences>keyboard shortcuts but i don't know the command. What i want to do is add a shortcut to open the dictionary. If i knew what the command was, then i would have no problem. I guess what i'm asking is what the easiest way to find a programs command, not only for the dictionary but for any program.
    If you want to know the past, look at your present conditions.
    If you want to know the future, look at your present actions.

Hampshire, UK
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Adding keyboard shortcuts

As this is now marked as solved it would be nice if you explained how you resolved your problem so other users could benefit.

Toshiba AMD64 2Ghz, 4Gb RAM: dual Natty/win7. Dell Mini10v: 10.04. SamsungN140:win7/11.04. NB200:10.10.
    ++ desktops P4 3Ghz ++ servers
    Full Circle Magazine | Ubuntu Pocket Guide | HantsLUG

Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: Adding keyboard shortcuts

Assuming the OP marked this as solved by mistake, this is how to get the command for an app in the menus. Right-click on the main menu area and choose 'Edit Menus'. Navigate to where the app is that you want the command for. Highlight it and click on properties. There's the command under 'command:'.
    Ubuntu 15.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.