Thread: Channel 63 static, all others working

Beans

Channel 63 static, all others working

I am having an issue with one channel, channel 63. I am currently using the Hauppauge HVR-1950 usb tuner, and it is working fairly well. All of my channels come in crystal clear except 63. When I try to watch/record anything on that channel the video is full of static and you can barely make out what is going on. However, the audio is usually very clear. Channels 62 and 64 work fine.

My first thought was that I had a bad cable or loose connection. That all checked out fine. I can watch channel 63 on my TV and it comes in clear, but when I use MythTV it is full of static. I also tested the tuner card and everything is working there. I unplugged the USB cable and plugged it into a laptop running Windows. Using the Hauppauge software and drivers in Windows, I can watch channel 63 and it works perfectly. Therefore, I know the card works fine and I know that the connections are also working well (the only cable I touched was changing the usb from my myth box and plugged it into my windows machine).

I have also tried fine-tuning my channel 63 in Myth, but I have had no success in doing that either. I was wondering if anybody has another suggestion for me to try?

I am using Mythbuntu 10.04 (installed about 1 month ago)
    My tuner card is the Hauppauge HVR-1950 (USB)
    I am using the pvrusb2 drivers
    I have analog cable-tv.

If you want to know the rest of my hardware or setup, let me know. If you need any log messages, I can post them as well... I would love to get this since my favorite show is on channel 63!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Channel 63 static, all others working

Wehere do you live? Maybe the data is wrong entirely. I'm just betting the frequency is just off a bit more than fine tuning will take care of.
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

Beans

Hi,

Can you try recording something from the bad channel then play it back on a different PC (anything will do, even wndows).

It could be a problem with recording or maybe playback.

Regards
    Ian Dobson
    Walking on water and writing software to specification is easy if they're frozen.

My corner of the internet http://www.planet-ian.com

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by hineas View Post
    I am having an issue with one channel, channel 63. I am currently using the Hauppauge HVR-1950 usb tuner, and it is working fairly well. All of my channels come in crystal clear except 63. When I try to watch/record anything on that channel the video is full of static and you can barely make out what is going on. However, the audio is usually very clear. Channels 62 and 64 work fine.
    Did you ever get this resolved?? I am having the exact same problem but with channel 41... the TV can tune it in but not Myth.

Dave

Beans

Channel 63, Channel 41 mean nothing to the rest of us. You don't even tell us where you live!