Thread: dual display doesn't work anymore after upgrade from ubuntu 10.4 to 10.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Red face dual display doesn't work anymore after upgrade from ubuntu 10.4 to 10.10

Hi,
    On my latitude D620,
    (GPU is: Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:27A2]vendor: Intel Corporation [8086])
    I did the upgrade from ubuntu 10.4 to 10.10 to resolve a problem with ECMWF XCDP (use of right mouse button made GUI hang untill xcdp was killed via console (CTRL+ALT+F1).
    Great it works now.
    But Now I can't use dual display (I can just see the cursor at the edge of the second screen), well it is to say: extended desktop over 2 monitors. double display(=twice the same screen) does work.
    This is what I get with arander
    XRandR failed:
    XRandR returned error code 1: X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
    Major opcode of failed request: 150 (RANDR)
    Minor opcode of failed request: 7 (RRSetScreenSize)
    Serial number of failed request: 32
    Current serial number in output stream: 33

I tried several screens and tried also to swap the default screen to the external, problem remains.
    I also tried the local vga-port of the laptop and the vga-port on the port replicator and the dvi-port on this port replicator.
    Before the upgrade this went all smoothly for 2 screens in different setups... I tried different setups with ubuntu because I tried to get 3 screens to work, but I think that was too much for the video card.
    BTW: resolution I tried most is 1440*900(this works for ubuntu 10.4) but lower resolutions give same result.

Any suggestions are welcome.
    Last edited by jringoot; September 27th, 2010 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Beans

Re: dual display doesn't work anymore after upgrade from ubuntu 10.4 to 10.10

I have the same issue.

Some more info:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...el/+bug/619663
    Last edited by strombom; October 7th, 2010 at 09:29 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: dual display doesn't work anymore after upgrade from ubuntu 10.4 to 10.10

Thanks, it is now resolved for me too:

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Moeck
    wrote on 2010-09-20:
    This bug is fixed upstream, and the xorg-edgers PPA located at https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/ppa has updated packages with the fix included. I don't know if that fix is going to make it into the official Maverick package, but I hope it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by strombom View Post
    I have the same issue.

Some more info:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...el/+bug/619663

BTW: full screen video of flash and right mouse click in xcdp works too now!
    Last edited by jringoot; October 11th, 2010 at 01:34 PM. Reason: extra info