Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to migrate wubi installation?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Edubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: How to migrate wubi installation?

Quote Originally Posted by andreasbuykx View Post
    @bcbc Thanks for the compatibility mode tip. Unfortunately it didn't work either. Each time the installer stops after renaming the MD5SUMS-metalink.gpg file to MD5SUMS-metalink.asc, while attempting to download it seems. The Ubuntu Setup error popup reads: 'The download was interrupted with the error: ', without giving the error...

Any other suggestions? Otherwise I'll have to abandon my backed up wubi 8.04 and turn to installing 10.04 and migrating my home.disk.
    Are you installing from a cd? If you supply the command line option --skipmd5check that should prevent it from trying to download the MD5 metalink... see if that works or you get some other issue.

Beans

I install from an installer on my harddisk. Tried to use the --skipmd5check by running the installer from the command line, but that didn't work either. The same error occurred.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Edubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by andreasbuykx View Post
    I install from an installer on my harddisk. Tried to use the --skipmd5check by running the installer from the command line, but that didn't work either. The same error occurred.
    In that case you should be running the wubi.exe with the downloaded 8.04 .iso image in the same folder.

You need to run as administrator and allow pyrun.exe access to the firewall. (These are just basic things that could give errors and I'm sure don't apply to you).

I don't really know of a good reason why 8.04 shouldn't install on win7. Unless maybe you have some unsupported feature - encrypted disks, raid whatever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12