Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thread Closure

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Thread Closure

I am really not in the mood of reposting what I have already posted. So I will include a link to the post that discusses all of this. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1581141

So please go there, and review my complaints that I wish to be straightened out, or resolved in some other way.

I will be waiting patiently for a reply.

ALSO WANTED TO ADD: Resolution Center is not easy to find. Should be in a place more visible. You can thank your mod forestpiskie for sending me the link.
    Our only ignorance is our own intelligence
    Linux Is not Windows | Atheros 5007 Wifi Chipset Hardy (8.04LTS) Install|
    Linux user number 479043 | Ubuntu User number is # 24065

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: Thread Closure

Quote Originally Posted by k33bz View Post
    I am really not in the mood of reposting what I have already posted. So I will include a link to the post that discusses all of this. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1581141

So please go there, and review my complaints that I wish to be straightened out, or resolved in some other way.

I will be waiting patiently for a reply.

ALSO WANTED TO ADD: Resolution Center is not easy to find. Should be in a place more visible. You can thank your mod forestpiskie for sending me the link.

Ok, cant edit here (.

I was just notified that the post I am referring to is in Jail. So go there to review my complaint, not at the link I posted above.

Beans

I will look at this
    This account is not active.

Beans

First your attitude needs to lighten up , the Resolution Center has been here for a long time and as you can tell by a quick perusal others have found it with relative ease. Also the Forum Council is not about to jump through hoops to help with your ,"you go find it" attitude.

As for closing threads, You stated in the jailed post "So I will point out to ALL MODS (even if you personally dont do this kind of stuff) that just because you PERSONALLY do not want to look into it, gives you NO RIGHT TO CLOSE A THREAD."

From the Code of Conduct "You agree that the web-master, administrators and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any post, topic or thread at any time they see fit"

The staff member when closing the original thread gave a clear reason for the closure and chose to repost the same material the reason the second thread was closed.
    Last edited by KiwiNZ; September 24th, 2010 at 07:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    I will look at this
    Wow, that was more quicker than I thought, please talk with forestpiskie, he now more or less knows how I feel, he has been talking with me in PMs.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

First your attitude needs to lighten up , the Resolution Center has been here for a long time and as you can tell by a quick perusal others have found it with relative ease. Also the Forum Council is not about to jump through hoops to help with your ,"you go find it" attitude.

As for closing threads, You stated in the jailed post "So I will point out to ALL MODS (even if you personally dont do this kind of stuff) that just because you PERSONALLY do not want to look into it, gives you NO RIGHT TO CLOSE A THREAD."

From the Code of Conduct "You agree that the web-master, administrators and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any post, topic or thread at any time they see fit"

The staff member when closing the original thread gave a clear reason for the closure and chose to repost the same material the reason the second thread was closed.
    First off, I hope you understand why I had an attitude. Second I am in no way asking anyone to jump through hoops. As far as the attitude, I apologize. It still does not make any sense to close a thread when someone is asking for help. I cant even think of how many times I go and help someone when no one else will because it would be a long and tedious task to do so. For all we know, eventually someone would of came in with a hint or even a resolution to my problem I was having with the code.

I would PM you so we can discuss this quicker and in more detail, as you know actually convo is easier to resolve things. But I also figure you are to busy being one of the admins. Unless you say that we can PM to hammer this all out.

Thanks for looking into it.

Beans

Although this area is restricted to post by the Complainant and Forum Council I would like to have post from the staff concerned to update the current situation.

Beans

The thread has been reopened and I fully support and agree with it being reopened.

This does highlight an exception that does need to be made for the Programming Talk section.

Given that Code is complex lengthy it does in some cases need to be shown in its entirety to ensure that the boffins can make an educated assessment and conclusion. To that end I believe that we need to allow a greater level leniency when it comes to post size and or attachment.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

The thread has been reopened and I fully support and agree with it being reopened.

This does highlight an exception that does need to be made for the Programming Talk section.

Given that Code is complex lengthy it does in some cases need to be shown in its entirety to ensure that the boffins can make an educated assessment and conclusion. To that end I believe that we need to allow a greater level leniency when it comes to post size and or attachment.
    Ok so question. Next time should I post the code in an attachment instead of posting inside the CODE brackets?

Beans

What is easier for experts in there to work with? That is the most important part, its about customer service and what I am keen for .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast