Thread: VMWare Player memory allocation problem

Beans

VMWare Player memory allocation problem

Hi all,

I am a newbie here so this might be a trivial question. I just installed VMWare Player (version 3.0.1) on my windows machine and would like to change the memory allocation. I have done this once before (changed it from the recommended 512 MB to 1GB, my local machine has a 2GB memory) but now I would like to change it back to the recommended 512 MB.

Problem is, I couldnt change it back. I powered down my VM and clicked on the "Edit Virtuam machine setting" when I play the VMware player and tried to change the memory setting (under "Hardware" tab) by using the glider (googled around for this and this seems to be the solution offered by the online gurus...) but it doesnt work. The glider is not move-able and the box that shows the current memory allocation is greyed out.

I was wondering if there is a "one time only" editing configuration for memory allocation for VMWare player?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: VMWare Player memory allocation problem

Quote Originally Posted by cirnelle View Post
    Hi all,

I am a newbie here so this might be a trivial question. I just installed VMWare Player (version 3.0.1) on my windows machine and would like to change the memory allocation.
    You are asking about a VMware Windows issue in a Linux forum?
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way