Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metadata stopped grabbing coverart - possible update issue

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Metadata stopped grabbing coverart - possible update issue

...aaaaaaand, I just realized I never did re-setup remote access on that machine. I'll have to catch that up later tonight. Thanks for the things to try.
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3GHz Dual Core, ASUS ATX AMD Motherboard, CORSAIR 4GB RAM, EVGA 512MB GeForce 9500 GT, 1.5TB mirrored RAID, 30GB primary drive, pcHDTV and Hauppauge 1600 tuners. Yeah, this hasn't been accurate for a long time.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by tgm4883 View Post
    Do this in a terminal and paste the output here

Code:
    dpkg -l mythbuntu-repos
    Then do this and tell me if 0.23.1 is listed

Code:
    dpkg-reconfigure mythbuntu-repos
    Code:
    Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
    | Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
    |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
    ||/ Name           Version        Description
    +++-==============-==============-============================================
    ii  mythbuntu-repo 8.2-0ubuntu0+m Mythbuntu repos installer
    2. Did that, changed it to 23.1, installed updates, rebooted, did #1 and got the same results. Cover art still not pulling.
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3GHz Dual Core, ASUS ATX AMD Motherboard, CORSAIR 4GB RAM, EVGA 512MB GeForce 9500 GT, 1.5TB mirrored RAID, 30GB primary drive, pcHDTV and Hauppauge 1600 tuners. Yeah, this hasn't been accurate for a long time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Weidbrewer View Post
    Code:
    Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
    | Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
    |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
    ||/ Name           Version        Description
    +++-==============-==============-============================================
    ii  mythbuntu-repo 8.2-0ubuntu0+m Mythbuntu repos installer
    2. Did that, changed it to 23.1, installed updates, rebooted, did #1 and got the same results. Cover art still not pulling.
    Any errors in the frontend or backend logs when you try to pull data?

Beans
    Distro

Can you guess what I'm gonna ask?

...how?

Beans
    Distro

logs are at

Code:
    /var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log
    /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log

You will need to grab the backend log from your master backend. Your frontend log from the same machine you are trying to get the movie images on

You can open a terminal and do

Code:
    tail -f /path/to/log
    and this will show the log in real time.

You could also just try to pull the movie image from the frontend then attach both logs in a post

Beans
    Distro

Ah-ha...now we're on to something:

Code:
    010-09-21 00:34:31.514 Video Data Query: Executing "'/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/Movie/tmdb.py' -l en -D 63"
    2010-09-21 00:34:32.058 Copying 'http://hwcdn.themoviedb.org/posters/530/4bc9020d017a3c57fe000530/twelve-monkeys-original.jpg' -> 'myth://Coverart@192.168.1.2:6543/63_coverart.jpg'...
    2010-09-21 00:34:32.079 Copying 'http://hwcdn.themoviedb.org/backdrops/504/4bc90208017a3c57fe000504/twelve-monkeys-original.jpg' -> 'myth://Fanart@192.168.1.2:6543/63_fanart.jpg'...
    2010-09-21 00:34:32.703 Coverart download finished: Error writing image to file myth://Coverart@192.168.1.2:6543/63_coverart.jpg. 1
    2010-09-21 00:34:33.073 Fanart download finished: Error writing image to file myth://Fanart@192.168.1.2:6543/63_fanart.jpg. 1
    So, it's pulling it, but can't write. Makes sense why I'm not getting cover art any longer, but not why it suddenly starting having problems. Next step?

EDIT: Never mind. Figured it out. Big duh. Chmod'd the folders. Not sure how they got locked, but that did it.

Thanks for all the help!
    Last edited by Weidbrewer; September 21st, 2010 at 05:44 AM.

Beans

We had the same error... On the pre-updated version...

Cheers,
    Mattt.

Beans

I know this thread is a few years old but I'm having a similar issue and wanted to try and get some advice.

Basically I've just completed a fresh install using the latest Mythbuntu version. I've also migrated a lot of content from my old system, there are 600+ videos and I would like to add the metadata for each one.

The first time I tried I only managed to get about 30 cover arts, I then renamed the files so they were consistent and they were only the title of the video, this provided some significant improvements, but I'm still missing 500+ cover arts for movies that are fairly well known.

I've checked the logs and I can see the tmdb.py script pulling metadata, but only a small percentage seem to pull cover art. I've run the script manually for specific movies and I can see the cover art URL but it doesn't seem to get downloaded.

I'm assuming that permissions can't be an issue as it works for some and not for others. Are there any other logs that I could be looking at?

Beans
    Distro

Sorry, no - I'm not sure what would be causing that.

To be honest, I scrapped the whole MythTV thing on my system a while back. Too many issues like this left me trouble-shooting more than I was watching stuff. I ended up switching to a Linux Plex Media Server on the backend, and a Roku connected to my TV. I've had one update go screwy, but other than that, it's been completely hands off for about a year now.

Beans
    Distro

Closing thread due to necromancy. Please open a new thread instead of posting to one that is a few years old.
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12