Thread: What is the status of Ubuntu One?

Beans

Question What is the status of Ubuntu One?

I see that there are several CDs missing on Ubuntu One store, that are available directly from 7digital. Why is that? Check the band "Slowdive" f.ex. In Ubuntu One I get only one album while 7digital has 3. I thought the Ubuntu One music was directly linked to 7digital.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: What is the status of Ubuntu One?

Might have to do with the country you are in. Canonical has to purchase licensing for each region. This has an effect on what is available in different parts of the world.

from Ubuntu One FAQ:
    Songs are licensed by regions (basically by country). Our starting regional stores will be:

* UK - Songs from all four major and independent labels will be available for purchase in EUR.
    * US - Songs from all four major and independent labels will be available for purchase in USD.
    * Germany - Songs from all four major and independent labels will be available for purchase in EUR.
    * EU - Songs from Warner Music Group (WMG) and EMI will be available for purchase in EUR. Residents in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Estonia, France, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland will use this store.
    * World - Songs from independent labels will be available for purchase in EUR. Unfortunately, no major labels license songs on a world-wide basis. Countries not covered by the rest of the regional stores will use this store.
    They are continuing to analyse the usage from different countries to see where it is possible to increase the amount of music available.

thank you,
    duanedesign

Beans

Re: What is the status of Ubuntu One?

OK. I get the Norwegian version of 7digital when I go there. But no problem, I'll just buy the missing records directly from 7digital.