Thread: Changed user password/keyring doesn't work anymore.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Changed user password/keyring doesn't work anymore.

Hello, I have two accounts on my machine. One with custom rights and one with limited access. I changed the custom username's password. All well and fine till I wanted to start empathy. I wrote my account and then it ask me for something like this:"The password you use to log in to your computer no longer matches that of your login keyring." I try my new username's login password, doesn't work. What is this keyring, and what's the password to it? I thought the username's password is.

Thanks in advance!
    Remember to mark your thread as solved if your issue has been fixed.

Beans

Talking Re: Changed user password/keyring doesn't work anymore.

hello aloprot,,
    the keyring which yous say is password of your root user..the password same like u want to login as root autentification on the terminal using "sudo su"

just try it ! bye...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Changed user password/keyring doesn't work anymore.

That's what I'm saying, root password doesn't work. I tried several times but it doesn't work.
    Remember to mark your thread as solved if your issue has been fixed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Changed user password/keyring doesn't work anymore.

The password you use to log in to your computer no longer matches that of your login keyring." I try my new username's login password, doesn't work. What is this keyring, and what's the password to it? I thought the username's password is.
    There are applications that keeps your login details so it can authenticate to services in the web automatically when you open them. e.g. Evolution,Gwibber,Empathy. They get these login details from Password And Encryption Keys (Seahorse). This information is encrypted so it has a password.

Now normally your login password and this encryption password is the same. When you change your login password this encryption password stays the same. You can bring back the status quo by changing the encryption password too.

Type: ALT+F2. SEAHORSE. ENTER.

Modify by: Right-click. Change Password.