Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Serious Security flaw in Linux kernel

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Serious Security flaw in Linux kernel

Quote Originally Posted by murderslastcrow View Post
    The point isn't to be invincible, but to be secure. Those are two different things.

The simple fact is that a computer can't do anything the code doesn't tell it to do. It's not like voodoo or magic that viruses work on Windows and don't on Linux, because of some market share B.S. It's reality, and the security is better than you can find anywhere else.

So really, I think we should be realistic and assert the security of our software packages. Then again, FreeBSD might be more secure than Linux at a core level, I'm not entirely certain. But I do know why Linux is secure. That's just it, you need to research things, rather than just blurt generalizations.

So yeah, Linux isn't perfect, just extremely good, and in security kills OS X and Windows. What product is perfect, for that matter?
    Nope.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    Nope.
    Agreed.

Beans

Also as the article states it says you would basically have to be a user on there already which is true it does pose a threat to government agencies etc. but not really to home users where one person has physical access to the computer lol another sign of the power of the permission system built into linux. Even when most hackers win they lose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12