Thread: High capacity battery for the Lemur(lemu1)

Beans

Lightbulb High capacity battery for the Lemur(lemu1)

The current battery is a 2800mAH one. Can System76 offer something like this[1]? If so I'd get one for sure!

[1] http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5600mah-Genuin...-/220585397952

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: High capacity battery for the Lemur(lemu1)

There is an extended battery for the clevo s3101, aka Lemur Ultrathin. Nobody sells it though that I know of which is a real let down and the only reason I've held off on buying the lemur.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The Lemur2's are using low-voltage Intel i3 processors, so they should get better battery life than the previous version. I hope so anyway, I just ordered one.

Beans

I wouldn't be so sure. While the smaller screen might help in decreasing power usage (from the LCD) any advantages could be easily offset by the 18W core i3 processor. The lemur1 comes with an SU7300 (a 10W processor). Everything might actually even out. I wonder if the S76 folks have actually seen any improvement?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hmm, maybe. I was going on the fact that the i3's are 1.2 GHz while the older Core Duo's are 1.3 GHz. I guess the i3 is passing more current.

Beans

On the plus side however, since the FSB has been done with in the core i* processors, performance should be higher than the ULV core 2 Duos. As a result, you will get much done faster and therefore everyone wins

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

^Exactly! You don't need the battery to last as long since you'll finish your work so fast!

In all seriousness, it does even out pretty well. Our official estimate is 3-4 hours.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans

Will the battery linked in the topic post work in the Lemur?

I'm actually okay with the Lemur's battery life right now. I mean I wish it was more but we always want more lol. I'm thinking in a year or so I might buy a second battery, if Sys76 offered a higher capacity battery that would be pretty awesome