Quote Originally Posted by mastablasta View Post
you don't really need Linux applications in windows as they offer you enough of applications that run under windows. which is not true on the opposite side as large number of applications don't run (yet?!) in Linux. a good example are games where you have a huge number of quality games in windows while in linux there is only a fraction of them. and most with good graphics for example are already old...

then there is Photoshop and MS Office that both set the standards these days. In fact OOo wants to be like/close alternative to MS Office.
I agree with that, as a matter of fact I am still having Windows next to Ubuntu just because of 2 things: First, I need MS Office for my work (medical publishing) and OOo is just not enough (yet). And second, I am a hardcore gamer with special predilection for FPS, any gamer around here would feel the suffering I would have if I was deprived from Windows.

P.S. I think it is not the fault of Linux not being a games platform, in fact it is a good one, Open GL rendering is as good as Direct X. It is the fault of game manufacturers who do not port games to Linux .