Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Preview of 64-bit version of Flash Player

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Preview of 64-bit version of Flash Player

I don't use Hulu much, but it's also not working on this end. 64bit flash preview. The 32bit wrapper is working for the most part though.

Beans

I wonder if Hulu made a change to something because it was working beautifully for the first bunch of days after both versions of flash squared were released.
    use linux

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I did a clean install of desktop 64 bit Maverick since I had tried the 64 bit Preview version and it came with the latest 32 bit flash version and of course Hulu works great.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

its a good thing HULU DESKTOP works fine.
    Intel i5 Ivy Bridge 2.8Ghz (3.4Ghz Turbo), 64bit user, AMD GPU 7700 series

Beans

It looks like Hulu is back again and speedtest.net works as well. Speakeasy still does not work.
    use linux

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Foxcow View Post
    It looks like Hulu is back again and speedtest.net works as well. Speakeasy still does not work.
    If you are using the 64-bit Flash Player "Square" Preview Release, I believe it has a security issue.
    I had installed NoScript on Firefox and had the 64 bit flash version installed. I went to this site to see how secure my browser was:
    https://panopticlick.eff.org/
    And in most places at the bottom it mentioned the version of java I had and I know you will probably think I am crazy, but I believe the 64 bit preview
    flash version caused it to display the java version.

I have since switched to the 32 bit version and it now says "no javascript" in a lot of places at the bottom of that site and
    this at the top "Within our dataset of several million visitors, only one in 125,992 browsers have the same fingerprint as yours."

You could try it yourself.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    If you are using the 64-bit Flash Player "Square" Preview Release, I believe it has a security issue.
    I had installed NoScript on Firefox and had the 64 bit flash version installed. I went to this site to see how secure my browser was:
    https://panopticlick.eff.org/
    And in most places at the bottom it mentioned the version of java I had and I know you will probably think I am crazy, but I believe the 64 bit preview
    flash version caused it to display the java version.

I have since switched to the 32 bit version and it now says "no javascript" in a lot of places at the bottom of that site and
    this at the top "Within our dataset of several million visitors, only one in 125,992 browsers have the same fingerprint as yours."

You could try it yourself.

I'll definitely have to take a look at that when I get more time. Thanks for the heads up.
    use linux

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Foxcow View Post
    I'll definitely have to take a look at that when I get more time. Thanks for the heads up.
    You are welcome and everything works great on the 32 bit version - Youtube, Hulu and that's all I have tried.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789