Thread: Cheese video slow and jerky

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Cheese video slow and jerky

I use Xubuntu 10.04 on a acer aspire one w/ built in webcam. Ive never had much luck getting the webcam to work properly under Cheese. It works when I mess with gstreamer-properties, and xawTV. I don't use it for video chatting because I can't figure that out either. I have tried every option with gstreamer-properties and although it shows up fine with most there it's a no-go with Cheese.I beleive it liked previous linux versions better, but I really can't remember which. Any advice?
    Linux isn't for everyone. Just those who want a better OS.
    Learn how to play nice in the forum:
    http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntucat/...-linux-forums/
    I throwed Windows out the window!!!!

Beans

Re: Cheese video slow and jerky

try the cam with wxcam

http://wxcam.sourceforge.net/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Cheese video slow and jerky

Quote Originally Posted by Toriam View Post
    I use Xubuntu 10.04 on a acer aspire one w/ built in webcam. Ive never had much luck getting the webcam to work properly under Cheese. It works when I mess with gstreamer-properties, and xawTV. I don't use it for video chatting because I can't figure that out either. I have tried every option with gstreamer-properties and although it shows up fine with most there it's a no-go with Cheese.I beleive it liked previous linux versions better, but I really can't remember which. Any advice?
    I just set up my webcam on 10.10 using Cheese, had change to "xvimagesink" in gstreamer-properties, and also change the resolution down in Cheese, it defaults to the highest resolution, which is good for pictures, but not so much for making a video.

As far as Video chatting, I use the Google Video chat plugin(pops up in gmail webpage), and Skype. Though I like the Google video chat plugin much better than skype.

Best Regards
    My Dropbox referral and my SugarSync referral
    Must....Have.....More....Space...