Thread: (Auto)Mounting help?

Beans

Unhappy (Auto)Mounting help?

I installed Ubuntu 10.10 beta yesterday on a seperate partition from my Windows 7.and thought I had it set up well except I need it to automount 2 of my windows partitions on boot. I read that i should use ntfs-config for this, but that application crashes upon opening it so it is useless.
    Somewhere else told me to use Storage Device Manager. I installed it and thought I had it working, but now its not automounting one of the drives and I cant manually do it anymore either! When I try mounting it with Storage Device Manager it mounts the wrong drive. (For two paritions it now mounts the same partition?!)
    Some help on how to fix what I've done and make automounting work properly would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    ihavnoclue

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: (Auto)Mounting help?

A fairly complete list of things you did using "Storage Device Manager" will probably be needed by anyone who wants to help you undo the things you've done already.

Look here instead: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=283131
    NEED HELP? | [SOLVED] | MS hide
    A little nonsense now and then...
    I don't play Duke Nukem Forever so much, anymore. I am robsoles everywhere I go.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: (Auto)Mounting help?

Quote Originally Posted by ihavnoclue View Post
    I installed Ubuntu 10.10 beta yesterday on a seperate partition from my Windows 7.and thought I had it set up well except I need it to automount 2 of my windows partitions on boot. I read that i should use ntfs-config for this, but that application crashes upon opening it so it is useless.
    Somewhere else told me to use Storage Device Manager. I installed it and thought I had it working, but now its not automounting one of the drives and I cant manually do it anymore either! When I try mounting it with Storage Device Manager it mounts the wrong drive. (For two paritions it now mounts the same partition?!)
    Some help on how to fix what I've done and make automounting work properly would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    ihavnoclue
    Normally one configures fstab :

How to fstab - Ubuntu Forums
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface