Thread: S/Mplayer loses video when switching from 6 to 2 channel audio

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Thumbs down S/Mplayer loses video when switching from 6 to 2 channel audio

This seems to only happen on higher res videos. I'll start a video and if I'm using my headphones, I'll change to 2 channel audio via the audio/channel menu. This causes the video to disappear. Not a blank screen or the logo, no video. The audio continues just fine with 2 channels. Other files play just fine, it only effects that file. Switching back to 6 channel audio has no effect.

The only way I have been able to restore the video for that file is to open the files.ini and delete the entry for that file. I tried comparing the ini file before and after a change, the only diffrence is the audio line (6 to 2). Changing it back to 6 and restarting that video has no effect.

Now for the tec details. Ubuntu 10.04, kernel 2.6.32-24-generic, 64 bit, mplayer svn:r32007-4.3.4 (compiled using andrew.46's post HERE), SMplayer:0.6.9, Q6600 cpu, and a GeForce 8500 GT.

I'll attach the mplayer and smplayer logs also. [edit] Had to compress the smplayer log, too large.

Thanks for any ideas on this one. Just can seem to figure out how changing the audio would kill the video.
    Attached Files Attached Files