Thread: Couldn't find package linux-headers-2.6.32-24.38

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Couldn't find package linux-headers-2.6.32-24.38

Hi, I'm having issues compiling compat-wireless and so far not been able to figure out the problem. I am not exactly what you would call a linux expert...

I originally tried to compile using the 'make' command, which returned this error:

make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.32-24.38/build: No such file or directory. Stop.

I googled this and figured I didn't have linux headers installed, so I did 'sudo apt-get install build-essential', which completed fine. However I still get the same error message, so after a bit of googling I went for 'sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)'. This returns the following error message:

Couldn't find package linux-headers-2.6.32-24.38

I have enabled all software sources through the sources gui and run an update & upgrade, and still no joy. Using 'make' still gives me the 'no such file or directory' message above.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

I'm using a Ubuntu VM I got from Sourceforge which is fully up to date.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Couldn't find package linux-headers-2.6.32-24.38

additional note:

/lib/modules/2.6.32-24.38/build does infact exist as a sym link but it's broken (i.e. what it's supposed to point to doesn't exist). I tried to find where it was supposed to point to with

sudo updatedb; locate 2.6.32-24

but got nowhere.

I have installed the 2.6.32-24-generic linux-headers now but still getting nowhere. Someone please help!