Thread: 10.04 Suspend Freezes Inspiron 600m?

Beans

Question 10.04 Suspend Freezes Inspiron 600m?

I have Ubuntu 10.04, and its on dell inspiron 600m. When i click the little power icon, and suspend, it goes black and then just freezes. Nothing works, like num lock or caps lock, its completely frozen. So, i hold the power button, it turns off, then i turn it back on. i also have an hp pavilion zt1135 with Xubuntu 10.04, and the suspend does the same thing. Hibernate and all the rest work just fine on both, but suspend completely freezes them. It really bums me out, is anybody else having this problem? ive seen TONS of forums where it goes to screensaver or to hibernate, but not freezes the whole computer. So, if theres a fix, Please put it. thanks a ton.

Beans

Re: 10.04 Suspend Freezes Inspiron 600m?

I'm having an identical problem with the 600m and suspend. I'd appreciate a fix on this, too. Thanks.

Beans

I wish i had one... anyone else?

Beans

I just put 10.10 on a 600m and am having the same issue. From my research the problem with suspend appears to be related to using APCI instead of APM. So the solution would appear to be to use APM. However all the instructions I found for making this switch are based on modifying grub/menu.lst which does not exist in 10.10. Can anyone help with instructions on how to use APM and disable APCI?

Thanks