Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft won't load; Gives a black screen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Minecraft won't load; Gives a black screen.

Quote Originally Posted by medeshago View Post
    I'm playng in the alpha version but I don't get any sound. Is anybody else having the same issue?
    I have an issue where occasionally the sound drops out and stops working until I restart the game. I've yet to track down any probable source though.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by medeshago View Post
    I'm playng in the alpha version but I don't get any sound. Is anybody else having the same issue?
    Yeah, I get the same issue. After about 15 minutes or so, the sound cuts out. Keep in mind though that it is just an Alpha version. Besides, Notch is aware of this issue. He has it posted on his To Do list. Item #2
    Specs:
    Dell XPS 15 Notebook || 2.3 GHz Intel i5|| 6Gb RAM || NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M
    If I've skipped something, please let me know.

Beans

Well, Igot two things

First about the Soiund Problem.
    With my Windows Pc I get the Sound back when I dissable the Internet connection before I start the game..

The other thing, could anyone explain me how to run the downloadeble .jar file with ubuntu?
    I don't get it working..

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Killyjoe View Post
    Well, Igot two things

First about the Soiund Problem.
    With my Windows Pc I get the Sound back when I dissable the Internet connection before I start the game..

The other thing, could anyone explain me how to run the downloadeble .jar file with ubuntu?
    I don't get it working..
    Yyou can run it from the command line like this:
    java -jar example.jar
    And if you want to run it from nautilus, you can go to the properties of the file and in "open with" select Sun Java 6

Beans

also remember to to make the file executable.

for the sound problems you can try pressing F3 + S that fixes sound for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Smile Re: Minecraft won't load; Gives a black screen.

You're actually missing some needed library files (Mainly from the Java Monkey Engine). It took me HOURS and HOURS to find out how to get Minecraft to run on Ubuntu Linux.

Posted a great article on how i did it on my blog - http://timashley.me/node/596

Enjoy!

Beans

I'm getting a similar problem. I bought Alpha, downloaded it, ran it, all happy.
    Then I tried again a few days later and it wouldn't get beyond the loading screen (it gets almost to the end of the loading bar, then stops and hangs there showing a "Loading complete" message).
    I tried removing Java and re-installing it again to make sure I had the right version of Java, and only that version (there was some other non-sun Java installed as well), but I still get the same problem. I get the exact same result going through Firefox as well.
    I tried right clicking and launching with Java, tried using the basic launch from the command line, and also tried using the more complex launch string that Notch posted on the page.

Any ideas?

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Minecraft won't load; Gives a black screen.

it is so easy (when you guys talk about alpha) go to your computer up in the top is there a arrow computer arrow okay delete computer and type in %appdata% in there is a folder called .minecraft delete it (your worlds will also be deleted so copy the file called world)
    then load the game again Wub

Credits Marc2540 for telling me this (he's not on this forum)

enjoy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

For anyone getting the black screen issue I removed all java installations apart from the official installation and plugin and it works fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Cool Re: Minecraft won't load; Gives a black screen.

Quote Originally Posted by dopple View Post
    For anyone getting the black screen issue I removed all java installations apart from the official installation and plugin and it works fine.
    Are you playing in a browser or from the .jar JRE file?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast