Thread: Mounting Problem on Startup

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Exclamation Mounting Problem on Startup

I'm a new user to Ubuntu and have been getting used to it. I'll tell you all what my problem is before I go into details. Whenever I start Ubuntu, it brings up the Ubuntu Loading Screen and asks that a certain external hard drive is not inserted. It asks whether to wait (for it to connect) or skip it. I have an external hard drive and a partition with Windows XP on the same hard drive as the Ubuntu OS is installed too (dual boot). These are the two drives that it asks for. What I want is to have it stop doing that. In addition to that problem, when I disconnect my external hard drive, then reconnect it. I get an error and it will not mount it.

Thank you everyone who helps!

Beans

Re: Mounting Problem on Startup

I have a similar problem. The loading screen gets stuck due to a booting problem, and I get a similar message.

I'm using 3 hard drives, and wanted the two others to be automatically mounted on start-up. So I installed pysdm and configured it. I basically want to do this so that both Windows and Linux can share the same documents (common Pictures, Music, etc. folders), on a same hard drive.
    And since I did that, I get the loading problem. And it won't boot unless I press "S" to skip. Once I do that, Ubuntu boots normally and all drives are properly mounted. It's just that annoying message on start-up that I can't seem to get rid of.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Oh well, wrong section, I may as well make my own thread.
    Last edited by Captain Chirac; September 10th, 2010 at 03:02 AM.