Thread: skype screen share with kino?

Beans

skype screen share with kino?

Hello everyone,

I have ubuntustudio on 9.10 karmic. a 3ghz quad core system amd 4 gigs of ram 1200 gigs of harddrive.

I tried the brand new skype for the first time yesterday with my windows7 brother. I am attempting to use my dcrHC90 videocamcorder as a webcam. Theoretically it should work with the new screen share feature, however it did not. He could hear me great with additional mic and I could see him and hear him just fine. My camcorder streams (firewire) nicely into kino so I thought screen share should show this. He just got a white box on his end, no video from me just good sound. I guess I do not want to purchase a webcam since my camcorder streams superior video into kino.

Does anyone know how this could work with screen share? Otherwise the new skype worked for my sound and I was able to see my brother just fine.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Marcia

Beans

Re: skype screen share with kino?

Dear All,

Update. I tried again. Screen share worked somewhat. My brother said it was slow and would get blocky and freeze now and then. I have a very fast system and fast cable connection, and so does he. Would anyone know why it would be like this?

I do have a new asus n16 router. Maybe something could be adjusted with the router for skype?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Marcia