Thread: Contents of disc not showing up....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Contents of disc not showing up....

Well here's a crazy one.... Just started meddling with lucid after a year or so of learning the karmic gig, and debian linux in general.

To the point though... Got lucid on a number of machines (and might I say after tweaking, this is brilliant on every laptop and netbook I got it on) and damn near ran into no problems, until tonight....

Brand new install and minor tweaks (to firefox mostly, a little in the system to speed it up a little), and a fresh WINE install and update. No need for system specs because it's three completely different machines I can't figure out (A vaio, toshiba, and a gateway). So, WINE as I've used before opens up .exe on it's own, so it's not the machine or WINE...

Simply, it's a Rosetta Stone 3.4.3 disc that will not show itself to me. The disc shows up, but it's contents do not.... any help with this little (I'm sure stupid fix too lol) thing please??

None of the machines are dual-boot, and all have OSX and Windows 7 as guests on a VM that can both read the disc and install it (OSX with some tweaking).... so it seems to be a codec or something (though it's data)... but libdvdread4 and the restricted extras are installed, and the ssh file were created for them to fully function (thanks to google...). And, two machines are 64 bit, one is 32.... all are running wonderfully, save this on crazy common fail that is probably something I simply forgot...

Help? lol
    Last edited by JiuJitsu500; September 5th, 2010 at 04:19 AM.
    When your entire life is measured in one moment, you change the concept of time.