Quote Originally Posted by poofyhairguy View Post
I just want everyone to know how much I love and appreciate this community. I have met so many cool people due to Ubuntu, gotten help from really cool people and helped some really good people.

Ubuntu itself might just be Debian with some spice; Gnome with some hammering.

But the community here is much more. I would say that its more important than Ubuntu itself, or OSes in general. We have created a club of like-minded people committed to improving the world in the way we know best (aka something to do with computers).

Long after Ubuntu is no longer hip, and desktop OSes no longer matter, I will remember the people here and remind myself that there is true charity and brotherhood in this world.

Each person who is a part of this community adds a certain part that together is worth far more than the some of its whole. MS might have billions and Steve Jobs might have more turtlenecks than any man alive, but I think what we have is better.

Computers are fun again. Actually, even better than that- thanks to Ubuntu I have never been so proud to be a computer nerd. Its our time to shine, and each and every one of you is making it happen.

From the bottom of my heart, thanks Ubuntu fans. You are the best.
First of all:
I may be a noob here but in the short time I have meddled with linux I always found myself going here to look for something.
And when I was bored and hed nothing good to do I always found myself going to check out some of your threads.
Second of all:
Thanks poofyhairyguy for beeing an important important member of this community. And thanks to the community for beeing what it is: brotherhood of nerds that help each other.